Jacaruso's in Waterbury, CT
Jacaruso's in Waterbury, CT
I was wondering if anyone knows if most or all of the Jacaruso's who settled in Waterbury, CT were from Celenza ValFortore? I was also wondering if anyone knows what business occupied 614 Bank Street in Waterbury, CT around 1903? I noticed that several Jacaruso's used that address on their ship manifest for their destination address. Thanks, Jeannine
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Jacaruso's in Waterbury, CT
I currently live in the Waterbury area and can tell you that any building which once stood at 614 Bank Street is long, long, gone.
I have contacted the city historian and will let you know if/when I receive a reply.
While continuing your research, please keep in mind the fact that the correct Italian spelling of the name is almost certainly Iacaruso, not Jacaruso.
Iacaruso's today are thinly distributed throughout north and central Italy as seen here http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... e=IACARUSO
Current Italian telephone listings for Iacaruso: http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0
You may also want to contact Waterbury's "Ponte Club" - it is probably the biggest and most active society of Italian-Americans in the region. See http://www.ponteclub.com/index.asp
I have contacted the city historian and will let you know if/when I receive a reply.
While continuing your research, please keep in mind the fact that the correct Italian spelling of the name is almost certainly Iacaruso, not Jacaruso.
Iacaruso's today are thinly distributed throughout north and central Italy as seen here http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/gen ... e=IACARUSO
Current Italian telephone listings for Iacaruso: http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... btt=1&om=0
You may also want to contact Waterbury's "Ponte Club" - it is probably the biggest and most active society of Italian-Americans in the region. See http://www.ponteclub.com/index.asp
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Jacaruso's in Waterbury, CT
Response from Silas Bronson Lbrary research desk:

I looked in the Waterbury City Directory for 1902, 1903, and 1904 there wasn't a listing for 614 Bank Street.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
