Search found 27 matches
- 01 Oct 2011, 00:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage certificate/ birth records
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5824
Re: Marriage certificate/ birth records
Thanks for all your help. Since I first sent out this question I have found Joseph and Pelagia's marriage info; 1890. I have also found other children born before my grandmother, Frances. But strangely I still can't find anything about Frances. My aunt, her daughter, is still alive and she says that ...
- 29 Sep 2011, 06:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage certificate/ birth records
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5824
Re: Marriage certificate/ birth records
Yes, it worries me too. Since I last logged in, I found Joseph and Pelagia's marriage certificate, name is spelled Kerski. Changes the birth year I had for Pelagia, but I now have joseph's father and mothers names. I also found different birth dates for my grandmother Frances's siblings, and more ...
- 29 Sep 2011, 04:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage certificate/ birth records
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5824
Re: Marriage certificate/ birth records
Thanks for the info. It lists spouse as Maggie, is the American version of Pelagia? The record seems to have all the names, but mixed up. Also who is the first Frances, 16 yrs. old? The 5 yr. old Frances could be my grandmother, her name was Frances Josephine. Maybe 1st Frances was a relative. I ...
- 27 Sep 2011, 06:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage certificate/ birth records
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5824
Re: Marriage certificate/ birth records
I forgot to add that the family story is that she was born in Caro, Michigan. She had 3 children with Sam Agnello, Anthony, Lillian and Richard.
- 27 Sep 2011, 06:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage certificate/ birth records
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5824
Re: Marriage certificate/ birth records
Mother's name was Pelagia (Milowska) Kierski , 1858-1952; father was Joseph Kierski,1866-1914. Frances, 1900-1965; had 3 brothers, Walter, Albert and Frank, and sisters Pauline (or Margie), Mary (Quick), and Leona. I know when the brothers Frank and Walter died but cannot find birth records or death ...
- 26 Sep 2011, 04:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage certificate/ birth records
- Replies: 14
- Views: 5824
Marriage certificate/ birth records
I have been searching for my grand parents marriage certificate. Sam Agnello and Frances Kierski married Feb. 1921 in Chicago, I think. Any help out there? Also cannot find birth records for grandmother Frances J. Kierski, born on Aug 18, 1900 in Michigan.
- 25 May 2011, 21:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Nella Agnello
- Replies: 18
- Views: 9203
Re: Nella Agnello
I FINALLY FOUND HER! I HAVE ALL HER RECORDS NOW SO THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO VOLUNTEERED INFORMATION, BUT MY SEARCH IS OVER. NINA AGNELLO
- 28 Oct 2010, 00:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization papers
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6530
Re: Naturalization papers
I did find that Antonino Agnello, but he was a minor. I believe this was a son of my great-grandfathers brother. They both lived on Milton in Chicago. I don't really trust all the info on the 1900 census. First the immigration dates from 1910 and 1920 are different, and they have a daughter listed ...
- 27 Oct 2010, 02:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization papers
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6530
Re: Naturalization papers
I was not worried about dual citizenship, just looking for his naturalization papers.
- 25 Oct 2010, 20:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization papers
- Replies: 9
- Views: 6530
Naturalization papers
I have not been able to find info on my GGrandfathers naturalization. His name is Antonino Agnello, although he did use Tony Angelo on census records in 1900, 1910. He was born in Feb 1849 in Sicily, Vicari maybe. He immigrated in 1887, or 1888. He lived in Chicago until his death in 1923. Wife's ...
- 08 Oct 2010, 17:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Figlio as Surname
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2744
Figlio as Surname
I have only been searching for my Italian relatives for 6 months or so and enlisted my brothers help. He discovered something I didn't catch, the use of 'figlio' for child under parents names on ship manifests. I looked up 'figlio' on Ellis island and came up with 900 names, mostly all children. Has ...
- 27 Sep 2010, 20:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finding Funeral Home
- Replies: 20
- Views: 9382
Re: Finding Funeral Home
That is my next step. I was hoping one of my relatives who is traveling to Chicago next month could actually go to the clerks office, but I don't want to cut into their vacation time. thanks.
- 27 Sep 2010, 18:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finding Funeral Home
- Replies: 20
- Views: 9382
Re: Finding Funeral Home
thanks for all the info. I called the funeral home and they do not keep death certificates. That what I am looking for. I will have to keep digging. Thans again, Nina
- 25 Sep 2010, 21:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finding Funeral Home
- Replies: 20
- Views: 9382
Re: Finding Funeral Home
right you are, I created that memorial on find a grave. I have not tried the new phone number for the funeral home, I will try later today or monday. thanks.
- 23 Sep 2010, 19:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finding Funeral Home
- Replies: 20
- Views: 9382
Re: Finding Funeral Home
thanks for all the hints, I tried the funeral home but the number has been disconnected. I tried the cemetery again, and many of the funeral homes that were in the Near North side of Chicago are no longer there.