Search found 21 matches
- 29 Jan 2011, 15:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alcuri / Graffeo? surname from Menfi, Sicily
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11777
Re: Alcuri / Graffeo? surname from Menfi, Sicily
Grazie Livio - more than 75% of the 29 names* listed are from Menfi, the same town as my ancestors, so perhaps there are more relatives, it has only been 2 generations since my family sailed to America. What an exciting thought!
- 29 Jan 2011, 15:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alcuri / Graffeo? surname from Menfi, Sicily
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11777
Re: Alcuri / Graffeo? surname from Menfi, Sicily
hello totonno - the name certainly could have been changed when passing through Ellis Island but as another member posted earlier Alcuri appears to be a valid name in southern Sicily where my family originated. Thanks for helping though.
- 27 Jan 2011, 15:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alcuri / Graffeo? surname from Menfi, Sicily
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11777
Re: Alcuri / Graffeo? surname from Menfi, Sicily
Hello Peter! In all technical terms we are 2nd Cousins 2 Times Removed...my g-g-g-grandfather is your g-grandfather. I am SO happy that this forum is available and that you found my post and responded...all mini miracles really...and all very exciting. My grandmother IS Phyllis but her mother was ...
- 01 Feb 2010, 11:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorara
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17077
Re: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorar
I found that record as well!! I am unable to read the document I scanned as the text is in the old script and when I actually found the document it wasn't as I had expected so I am uncertain if I had found the correct relative. Are you able to read the record? If I was to send you the photocopied ...
- 19 May 2009, 21:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorara
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17077
Re: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorar
Glad to be of some help...please feel free to call any time to discuss any thing that you find or need help finding...my local library has access to Ancestry.com but without an obituary I don't have much to go on as I was unable to find Joseph's SSN. If you have any luck in finding that we may have ...
- 19 May 2009, 09:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorara
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17077
Re: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorar
Hello Alison...are you Alan's daughter? I sent a huge file to Alan via email about a month or so ago that contained everything that I had found regarding Rinaldo's brother Angelo and what little I could find about their father Joseph / Giuseppe.
I have a roll of film from the Family History Center ...
I have a roll of film from the Family History Center ...
- 05 Apr 2009, 20:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorara
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17077
Re: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorar
Hi Kathi...I went to my local library today and found some information...I hope it will be useful and new to you...I couldn't believe how difficult it was to find much information so I just kept trying random people and got a little lucky but wasn't able to go very far...perhaps there were some name ...
- 30 Mar 2009, 18:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorara
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17077
Re: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorar
Hello Kathi,
No need to apologize, your letter wasn't that confusing, I was just not familiar with your family tree! I thought I was trying to find only one "branch" of your tree and it contained both Martina, Antionio, Francesco and Maria...but now I see you are searching for multiple branches.
I ...
No need to apologize, your letter wasn't that confusing, I was just not familiar with your family tree! I thought I was trying to find only one "branch" of your tree and it contained both Martina, Antionio, Francesco and Maria...but now I see you are searching for multiple branches.
I ...
- 30 Mar 2009, 12:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorara
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17077
Re: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorar
OK, I was reviewing your poast and got slightly confused as you had stated that Francesco and Caternia arrived around 1863 but Francesco wasn't born until 1881 and Cateraina until 1884.
No worries there, probably just a typo, but I also am uncertain as to your relationship to Antonio Bracchi and ...
No worries there, probably just a typo, but I also am uncertain as to your relationship to Antonio Bracchi and ...
- 30 Mar 2009, 09:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorara
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17077
Re: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorar
Hello Kathi -
I would love to help but I must warn you that I can only do so much so quickly because I am not a genealogist, this is just a "hobby" and because I have a regular 9-5 (which is a 7-5) and my library is not open late most nights.
The Family History Center phoned and while the rolls of ...
I would love to help but I must warn you that I can only do so much so quickly because I am not a genealogist, this is just a "hobby" and because I have a regular 9-5 (which is a 7-5) and my library is not open late most nights.
The Family History Center phoned and while the rolls of ...
- 29 Mar 2009, 23:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorara
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17077
Re: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorar
Hi there...while I do not recognize any of the names that you have mentioned that does not mean we might not have a connection. I just recently contacted one of my great-great-grandfather's sons and his children...and by recently I mean last week...and we are going to try to piece together our ...
- 24 Mar 2009, 13:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorara
- Replies: 16
- Views: 17077
Bracchi / Malchiodi from Piacenza --- Ottone and Pecorara
Just want to let you know that I am tracing the family tree of Giuseppe Bracchi born around 1880 in Ottone, Italy and his wife Maria Malchiodi born in Pecorara - they moved to the Bronx around 1899 and died in New Jersey. Their children are Angelio, Giovanni, Rinaldo and Rose. I have more ...
- 12 Jan 2004, 11:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Alcuri / Graffeo? surname from Menfi, Sicily
- Replies: 16
- Views: 11777
Alcuri / Graffeo? surname from Menfi, Sicily
I'm trying to find information on my great-great grandparents but I do not have much to go on. I believe my g-g-grandmother's name was Giuseppa Graffeo (b. 1879 d. 1970) and she married a Luciano Alcuri (b1878 d. 1953). I am also under the impression that they are both from Menfi, Sicily and sailed ...
- 08 Jan 2004, 10:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnmae Alessandro/D'Allesandro & Sicilian Documents
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11107
- 07 Jan 2004, 17:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnmae Alessandro/D'Allesandro & Sicilian Documents
- Replies: 6
- Views: 11107
Thanks and New Information
Thank you very much for your help. I will go back to the ellis island web page and redo my searches with the correct spellings etc. I also now know they came from Castelvetrano, Sicily.
Giuseppe Puccio b. 1879
Giuseppa D'Alessandro b. 1880
I believe she came to america first...and he followed ...
Giuseppe Puccio b. 1879
Giuseppa D'Alessandro b. 1880
I believe she came to america first...and he followed ...