This makes sense - I think he was going to see Angelantonio as I mentioned earlier. But since he could not read or write, he could not tell the Ellis Island inspector how to write out Angelantonio. So, the inspector wrote out as two names. Well, that is what I suspect happened.
As always, thanks ...
Search found 8 matches
- 27 Mar 2011, 09:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with reading again
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2809
- 26 Mar 2011, 20:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with reading again
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2809
Help with reading again
Line 22 - what is Tommaso's wife's last name -Adelaide ......
http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftif2gif.exe%3FT%3D\\\\192.168.100.11\\images\\T715-1077\\T715-10770696.TIF%26S%3D.5&pID=101755120142&name=Tommaso%26nbsp%3BCastelli&doa=Feb+20%2C+1908&port=Naples&line=0022 ...
http://ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftif2gif.exe%3FT%3D\\\\192.168.100.11\\images\\T715-1077\\T715-10770696.TIF%26S%3D.5&pID=101755120142&name=Tommaso%26nbsp%3BCastelli&doa=Feb+20%2C+1908&port=Naples&line=0022 ...
- 25 Mar 2011, 16:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help reading - Update with a another request for help
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3132
Re: Need help reading
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftif2gif.exe%3FT%3D\\\\192.168.100.11\\IMAGES\\T715-0698\\T715-06980666.TIF%26S%3D.5&pID=102216050564&name=Pasquale%26nbsp%3BCastelli&doa=Apr+24%2C+1906&port=Napoli&line=0012
Another one --- What brother is Luigi Mucciarelli ...
Another one --- What brother is Luigi Mucciarelli ...
- 25 Mar 2011, 15:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help reading - Update with a another request for help
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3132
Re: Need help reading
You people are the best.
- 25 Mar 2011, 15:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help reading - Update with a another request for help
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3132
Re: Need help reading
Sorry, I don't know how to take an image of the page and post it. Oct 27, 1913 from Le Havre on the La Touraine
- 25 Mar 2011, 15:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help reading - Update with a another request for help
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3132
Need help reading - Update with a another request for help
When I look up Angelantonio Castelli from Ellis Island 1913, I can not make out what the name of the cousin he is visiting in Philadelphia at the "927 South 8St". What do you guys and gals make of it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
- Also, I can't read his wife's first name on the second ...
- Also, I can't read his wife's first name on the second ...
- 23 Mar 2011, 15:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: cast-valles?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3082
Re: cast-valles?
You people are great! I got to tell my grandfather who his grandparents where and what town they came from. I am thinking the next step would be to write to the italian authorities to obtain Antonio's military records.
Thanks again,
-I have some other questions about another side of the family ...
Thanks again,
-I have some other questions about another side of the family ...
- 22 Mar 2011, 19:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: cast-valles?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3082
cast-valles?
Hello, this is my first time on the forum.
My question is this - My great-grandfather, Antonio castelli, came through Ellis in 1920 from the port of la havre in France. However, it list his last residence as castvalises on the shipping manifest. I can not find this town anywhere. And what is ...
My question is this - My great-grandfather, Antonio castelli, came through Ellis in 1920 from the port of la havre in France. However, it list his last residence as castvalises on the shipping manifest. I can not find this town anywhere. And what is ...