Need help reading - Update with a another request for help

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
nycpilot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 19:10

Need help reading - Update with a another request for help

Post by nycpilot »

When I look up Angelantonio Castelli from Ellis Island 1913, I can not make out what the name of the cousin he is visiting in Philadelphia at the "927 South 8St". What do you guys and gals make of it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

- Also, I can't read his wife's first name on the second page.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need help reading

Post by Tessa78 »

Can you post the image? Or at least give us a ship and arrival date?

T.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need help reading

Post by Tessa78 »

Never mind :-) I found it!

He is going to his cousin Vincenzo Natale at 927-919 So. 8th St. Philadelphia...

Wife is Domenica Belmonte.

T.
User avatar
nycpilot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 19:10

Re: Need help reading

Post by nycpilot »

Sorry, I don't know how to take an image of the page and post it. Oct 27, 1913 from Le Havre on the La Touraine
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need help reading

Post by Tessa78 »

nycpilot wrote:Sorry, I don't know how to take an image of the page and post it. Oct 27, 1913 from Le Havre on the La Touraine
Just for future reference, if you are at the www.ellisisland.org site you can just copy and paste the URL :-)

For Ancestry, you have to save the image and then post in on imagesharing site such as postimage.org


I've posted the information about the manifest names above :-)

T.
User avatar
nycpilot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 19:10

Re: Need help reading

Post by nycpilot »

You people are the best.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need help reading

Post by Tessa78 »

We try! :-D

T.
User avatar
nycpilot
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 19:10

Re: Need help reading

Post by nycpilot »

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0012


Another one --- What brother is Luigi Mucciarelli visiting in Philly?

It maybe a mistake but this address keeps popping up with people who I think are my ancestors - 927 South 8th street in Philly ---- Was this a coincidence? I don't think so. I think that they maybe cousins with the Castelli's.

And another one http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0007

I can't make out the brother's name on line 7 that Pasquale Castelli is visiting.
User avatar
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite
Posts: 353
Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52

Re: Need help reading - Update with a another request for he

Post by DebiHarbuck »

It looks to me like Luigi is going to Angelantonio and Pasquale is going to Tommaso.

What do you think?
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Need help reading - Update with a another request for he

Post by Tessa78 »

What brother is Luigi Mucciarelli visiting in Philly?
Name looks like Eliseo :-)

Pasquale is going to Angelantonio Castelli - as are the two Castellis on Lines 5 and 6

T.
User avatar
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite
Posts: 353
Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52

Re: Need help reading - Update with a another request for he

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Tessa, check that again?

This is the manifest for Pasquale in 1901:

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0007
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
User avatar
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite
Posts: 353
Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52

Re: Need help reading - Update with a another request for he

Post by DebiHarbuck »

And then on the 1906 manifest I see three Castellis (2 brothers and a nephew) going to Angelantonio.
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
User avatar
DebiHarbuck
Elite
Elite
Posts: 353
Joined: 11 Aug 2010, 23:52

Re: Need help reading - Update with a another request for he

Post by DebiHarbuck »

Oh...disregard...I was distracted by the search-name at the top of the manifest and answered a question you weren't asking! :oops:

Sorry!
Roccanova/Magistra/Rubertone/Paduano of Craco, Matera, Basilicata AND Latorraca/Cassino/Petrocelli/Peluso of Saponara di Grumento (now Grumento Nova) & Moliterno, Potenza, Basilicata
Post Reply