Buongiorno a tutti,
As mentioned in a previous post, I am in the process of applying for Italian naturalization through my residency (after 3 years since my grandfather was born an Italian citizen).
I have found a slight discrepancy between the birth certificate from the comune where he was born ...
Search found 12 matches
- 27 Sep 2021, 14:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Applying for Citizenship through Residency and Italian Ancestry: Question about Documentation Discrepency
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3226
- 20 Sep 2021, 15:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Citizenship through Residency for Grandson of Italian Born Citizen
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4379
Re: Italian Citizenship through Residency for Grandson of Italian Born Citizen
Actually, it looks as if he was naturalized in the US before the marriage. Not 100% sure, but I saw a document that shows that he may have obtained it about 10 years prior to the marriage. I know it impedes me from getting citizenship through Jure Sanguinis, but would it also block me from getting ...
- 20 Sep 2021, 15:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Citizenship through Residency for Grandson of Italian Born Citizen
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4379
Re: Italian Citizenship through Residency for Grandson of Italian Born Citizen
Buongiorno,
Thanks for the swift reply. I'm not sure if he was naturalized before they were married. Do you know how I could find out?
I also discovered that I may be eligible for citizenship since I have a son here and have had residency for five years. Do you know anything about that particular ...
Thanks for the swift reply. I'm not sure if he was naturalized before they were married. Do you know how I could find out?
I also discovered that I may be eligible for citizenship since I have a son here and have had residency for five years. Do you know anything about that particular ...
- 19 Sep 2021, 14:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Citizenship through Residency for Grandson of Italian Born Citizen
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4379
Italian Citizenship through Residency for Grandson of Italian Born Citizen
Hello all,
I am looking to apply for Italian citizenship through residency and would appreciate any information that will help me in the process.
First of all, I am currently residing in Italy and have been here for the past five years.
My grandfather was born in Italy and emigrated to the US ...
I am looking to apply for Italian citizenship through residency and would appreciate any information that will help me in the process.
First of all, I am currently residing in Italy and have been here for the past five years.
My grandfather was born in Italy and emigrated to the US ...
- 12 Apr 2012, 10:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Marriage in Italy and Italian Citezenship for US citizen
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1760
Re: Marriage in Italy and Italian Citezenship for US citizen
Excuse me for omitting that minor detail. She is an Italian citizen.
- 10 Apr 2012, 20:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Marriage in Italy and Italian Citezenship for US citizen
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1760
Marriage in Italy and Italian Citezenship for US citizen
Ciao a tutti,
I was wondering if there be someone on the forum that is informed about the process, for US citizens, of getting married in Italy and then requesting legal documentation for double citizenship. My girlfriend and I would like to get married soon, and I would like to know what documents ...
I was wondering if there be someone on the forum that is informed about the process, for US citizens, of getting married in Italy and then requesting legal documentation for double citizenship. My girlfriend and I would like to get married soon, and I would like to know what documents ...
- 10 Apr 2012, 14:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage and Italian Citizenship
- Replies: 1
- Views: 832
Marriage and Italian Citizenship
Ciao a tutti,
I was wondering if there be someone on the forum that is informed about the process, for US citizens, of getting married in Italy and then requesting legal documentation for double citizenship. My girlfriend and I would like to get married soon, and I would like to know what documents ...
I was wondering if there be someone on the forum that is informed about the process, for US citizens, of getting married in Italy and then requesting legal documentation for double citizenship. My girlfriend and I would like to get married soon, and I would like to know what documents ...
- 25 Mar 2011, 06:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: birth ceritificate lost in 1906 earthquake...
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3571
Re: birth ceritificate lost in 1906 earthquake...
my mom's side is a huge mix, however there is Irish, dutch,, english, welsh. Concerning my paternal grandfather, I am not sure what good this will do, however here is some information. His name was Attilio Crosetti born on February 4, 1896 in Carrega Liguria. I believe he first arrived in America ...
- 24 Mar 2011, 17:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: birth ceritificate lost in 1906 earthquake...
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3571
Re: birth ceritificate lost in 1906 earthquake...
Thank you, for your speedy response, I really appreciate it. My progam ends in June and I have a valid visa through August. My girlfriend lives in Sicily and she said I can remain with her after I finish, however as you say I want to remain here legally, but I am not sure what steps I should take ...
- 24 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: birth ceritificate lost in 1906 earthquake...
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3571
Re: birth ceritificate lost in 1906 earthquake...
Thank you so much for the info, Carmine. So, I can tell you (if it even matters, from what you have told me) that the name of my grandmother's father was Marcello Guastavino and that he was born in Liguria in 1873, I am not sure about the date yet. My grandmother was born in SF on Christmas day of ...
- 24 Mar 2011, 16:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: birth ceritificate lost in 1906 earthquake...
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3571
Re: birth ceritificate lost in 1906 earthquake...
5)Your paternal or maternal grandfather or grandmother was born in the United States, your paternal or maternal great grandfather was born in Italy and was an Italian citizen at the time of your paternal or maternal grandfather’s or grandmother’s birth, neither you nor your father/mother nor ...
- 24 Mar 2011, 14:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: birth ceritificate lost in 1906 earthquake...
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3571
birth ceritificate lost in 1906 earthquake...
well the title says it all... In any case I have a couple of questions to anyone kind enough to give some feedback. I have been searching for records online of my nonna's birth online and there is nothing available, which may be complicated because I have to go through my paternal grandmother for ...