Search found 59 matches
- 09 Feb 2012, 13:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
Thank you for your kind help
I really appreciate it.
- 09 Feb 2012, 00:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
I added to my post above before I read yours.
This extract that you posted states that he was born in Corniglio :-)
Giuseppe sent for this extract in 1920 because it needed it for work.
I don't see Ballone on it :-(
However, the official is stating that this record of birth is in the books in ...
This extract that you posted states that he was born in Corniglio :-)
Giuseppe sent for this extract in 1920 because it needed it for work.
I don't see Ballone on it :-(
However, the official is stating that this record of birth is in the books in ...
- 09 Feb 2012, 00:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
see what I added to my last post :-)
He is probably listed in Part II because he was an orphan...
Be sure to mention that in your letter...
T.
I did. Thank you for your kind help! I will wait patiently for a response. Do you think I should try calling them too? I do not speak fluent Italian ...
He is probably listed in Part II because he was an orphan...
Be sure to mention that in your letter...
T.
I did. Thank you for your kind help! I will wait patiently for a response. Do you think I should try calling them too? I do not speak fluent Italian ...
- 09 Feb 2012, 00:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
Okay, thank you
I just wanted to make sure! I was told to contact Corniglio, but I am still waiting patiently for a response
Valmozzola has not replied to anything - emails, faxes, and letters. I hope Corniglio does!
- 09 Feb 2012, 00:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
Thank you! I will try this. I hope they respond :D Do you have any other recommendations?
Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
Giuseppe lists ...
Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
Giuseppe lists ...
- 08 Feb 2012, 23:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
This was his "adopted" family.Tessa78 wrote:BTW - on Giuseppe's ship manifest it lists his father in Valmazzola as Clemente Baselli...
T.
- 08 Feb 2012, 23:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
Thank you! I will try this. I hope they respond
Do you have any other recommendations?
Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
- 08 Feb 2012, 23:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
I have one birth record, but it is very old. Here is a photo
http://i40.tinypic.com/2r2vw2s.jpg
As you can see, it is VERY old :( I need a new record of his birth certificate for citizenship. I have contacted Valmozzola for several months, but I did not receive any reply. I contacted Comune di ...
http://i40.tinypic.com/2r2vw2s.jpg
As you can see, it is VERY old :( I need a new record of his birth certificate for citizenship. I have contacted Valmozzola for several months, but I did not receive any reply. I contacted Comune di ...
- 08 Feb 2012, 23:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
I have one birth record, but it is very old. Here is a photo
http://i40.tinypic.com/2r2vw2s.jpg
As you can see, it is VERY old :( I need a new record of his birth certificate for citizenship. I have contacted Valmozzola for several months, but I did not receive any reply. I contacted Comune di ...
http://i40.tinypic.com/2r2vw2s.jpg
As you can see, it is VERY old :( I need a new record of his birth certificate for citizenship. I have contacted Valmozzola for several months, but I did not receive any reply. I contacted Comune di ...
- 08 Feb 2012, 23:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
Well, I found his naturalization record and they usually have the CORRECT spelling of the name... His is listed as GLICINI
Do you have this record?
Place of birth is Valmazzola, Italy...
Arrival on Re d'Italia in Feb 1921
This naturalization was 1939 :-)
T.
Yes, this is him. I have this ...
Do you have this record?
Place of birth is Valmazzola, Italy...
Arrival on Re d'Italia in Feb 1921
This naturalization was 1939 :-)
T.
Yes, this is him. I have this ...
- 08 Feb 2012, 23:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
Thank you for posting this! This is what I had found, but this is not him :( I could not see the full record on Ancestry...all I could see was 1892 and Italy, so I thought there might be a chance it was him! My Joseph Glicini naturalized much later than this.
I also see on EllisIsland there are ...
I also see on EllisIsland there are ...
- 08 Feb 2012, 23:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
Tessa,
Thank you for your help! I already have this though. He was an orphan, so his parents are not listed anywhere. You have helped me with this before
I am just trying to see if there are alternate ways to spell the name Glicini.
But yes, he did die in Florida.
Thank you for your help! I already have this though. He was an orphan, so his parents are not listed anywhere. You have helped me with this before
But yes, he did die in Florida.
- 08 Feb 2012, 23:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Re: Glacini
Yes, that is him! However, I am looking for other spellings of his name. I have found his name spelled Glicien, Glicini, and now I am wondering if Joseph Glacini is him too?
Grazie!
Grazie!
- 08 Feb 2012, 22:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Glacini
- Replies: 26
- Views: 5641
Glacini
I am starting to wonder how many alternate spellings there are of my grandfathers last name. :shock:
I have found there was a Joseph Glacini on Ancestry.com, but I cannot access the record. If you look through my previous posts, you will see I have had some difficulty in finding more records on my ...
I have found there was a Joseph Glacini on Ancestry.com, but I cannot access the record. If you look through my previous posts, you will see I have had some difficulty in finding more records on my ...
- 09 Jan 2012, 15:42
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: birth record/ birth certificate different?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1573
Re: birth record/ birth certificate different?
Thank you so much
I appreciate your kind help, my friend.