Glacini

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 01:31

Re: Glacini

Post by tawg »

Thank you! I will try this. I hope they respond :D Do you have any other recommendations?

Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Glacini

Post by Tessa78 »

BTW - on Giuseppe's ship manifest it lists his father in Valmazzola as Clemente Baselli...

T.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 01:31

Re: Glacini

Post by tawg »

Tessa78 wrote:BTW - on Giuseppe's ship manifest it lists his father in Valmazzola as Clemente Baselli...

T.
This was his "adopted" family.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Glacini

Post by Tessa78 »

tawg wrote:Thank you! I will try this. I hope they respond :D Do you have any other recommendations?

Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
Giuseppe lists his place of birth on his Naturalization as VALMAZZOLA

His last place of residence on the manifest is Corniglio, but his father is in Valmazzola (probably where Giuseppe was born?)

What is Ballone? Where do you get this reference?

I took a look at the record you posted... it is an extract, not the actual birth record, and it states that he was born in Corniglio as you mentioned. :-)

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Largo Castello, 1
43021 Corniglio (PR)
ITALY


Write to all of them - why not?

T.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 01:31

Re: Glacini

Post by tawg »

Tessa78 wrote:
tawg wrote:Thank you! I will try this. I hope they respond :D Do you have any other recommendations?

Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
Giuseppe lists his place of birth on his Naturalization as VALMAZZOLA

His last place of residence on the manifest is Corniglio, but his father is in Valmazzola (probably where Giuseppe was born?)

What is Ballone? Where do you get this reference?

T.
Here is a copy of his birth record that I have :

http://i40.tinypic.com/2r2vw2s.jpg

http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/t ... ml#p173922

I believe it says "in the town of Ballone". What I have is not an official copy, but a hard to read scan of a book :D I am wondering though if I am contacting the correct comune?
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Glacini

Post by Tessa78 »

I added to my post above before I read yours.

This extract that you posted states that he was born in Corniglio :-)
Giuseppe sent for this extract in 1920 because it needed it for work.

I don't see Ballone on it :-(

However, the official is stating that this record of birth is in the books in Valmazzola... :-D

T.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 01:31

Re: Glacini

Post by tawg »

Okay, thank you :D I just wanted to make sure! I was told to contact Corniglio, but I am still waiting patiently for a response :) Valmozzola has not replied to anything - emails, faxes, and letters. I hope Corniglio does!
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Glacini

Post by Tessa78 »

see what I added to my last post :-)

He is probably listed in Part II because he was an orphan...
Be sure to mention that in your letter...

T.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 01:31

Re: Glacini

Post by tawg »

Tessa78 wrote:see what I added to my last post :-)

He is probably listed in Part II because he was an orphan...
Be sure to mention that in your letter...

T.
I did. Thank you for your kind help! I will wait patiently for a response. Do you think I should try calling them too? I do not speak fluent Italian though :oops:
tawg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 01:31

Re: Glacini

Post by tawg »

Tessa78 wrote:I added to my post above before I read yours.

This extract that you posted states that he was born in Corniglio :-)
Giuseppe sent for this extract in 1920 because it needed it for work.

I don't see Ballone on it :-(

However, the official is stating that this record of birth is in the books in Valmazzola... :-D

T.
In the books of Valmozzola? I have contacted Valmozzola several times. No one responds :(

So who will have a record of the birth? Valmozzola or Corniglio? I am so confused, lol. :lol:

Thank you again for your help :D
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Glacini

Post by Tessa78 »

tawg wrote:
Tessa78 wrote:I added to my post above before I read yours.

This extract that you posted states that he was born in Corniglio :-)
Giuseppe sent for this extract in 1920 because it needed it for work.

I don't see Ballone on it :-(

However, the official is stating that this record of birth is in the books in Valmazzola... :-D

T.
In the books of Valmozzola? I have contacted Valmozzola several times. No one responds :(

So who will have a record of the birth? Valmozzola or Corniglio?
I am so confused, lol. :lol:

Thank you again for your help :D
Really don't know. It looks like it MIGHT be recorded in both.
Write to them and then after a while, you might want to email to ask about your letter.
Not all comunes respond.
email:
valmozzola@comune.valmozzola.pr.it (for Valmozzola)
sindaco@comune.bardi.pr.it (for Bardi)

Help with follow up:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... o.response

T.
tawg
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Jun 2011, 01:31

Re: Glacini

Post by tawg »

Thank you for your kind help :D I really appreciate it.
Post Reply