Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
Glacini
Re: Glacini
Thank you! I will try this. I hope they respond
Do you have any other recommendations?
Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
Re: Glacini
BTW - on Giuseppe's ship manifest it lists his father in Valmazzola as Clemente Baselli...
T.
T.
Re: Glacini
This was his "adopted" family.Tessa78 wrote:BTW - on Giuseppe's ship manifest it lists his father in Valmazzola as Clemente Baselli...
T.
Re: Glacini
Giuseppe lists his place of birth on his Naturalization as VALMAZZOLAtawg wrote:Thank you! I will try this. I hope they respondDo you have any other recommendations?
Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
His last place of residence on the manifest is Corniglio, but his father is in Valmazzola (probably where Giuseppe was born?)
What is Ballone? Where do you get this reference?
I took a look at the record you posted... it is an extract, not the actual birth record, and it states that he was born in Corniglio as you mentioned.
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Largo Castello, 1
43021 Corniglio (PR)
ITALY
Write to all of them - why not?
T.
Re: Glacini
Here is a copy of his birth record that I have :Tessa78 wrote:Giuseppe lists his place of birth on his Naturalization as VALMAZZOLAtawg wrote:Thank you! I will try this. I hope they respondDo you have any other recommendations?
Just to clarify, for Giuseppe it is Corniglio I need to contact, right? Not Valmozzola? How about Ballone? I have not tried contacting Ballone before, but I do not think they are a comune.
His last place of residence on the manifest is Corniglio, but his father is in Valmazzola (probably where Giuseppe was born?)
What is Ballone? Where do you get this reference?
T.
http://i40.tinypic.com/2r2vw2s.jpg
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/t ... ml#p173922
I believe it says "in the town of Ballone". What I have is not an official copy, but a hard to read scan of a book
Re: Glacini
I added to my post above before I read yours.
This extract that you posted states that he was born in Corniglio
Giuseppe sent for this extract in 1920 because it needed it for work.
I don't see Ballone on it
However, the official is stating that this record of birth is in the books in Valmazzola...
T.
This extract that you posted states that he was born in Corniglio
Giuseppe sent for this extract in 1920 because it needed it for work.
I don't see Ballone on it
However, the official is stating that this record of birth is in the books in Valmazzola...
T.
Re: Glacini
Okay, thank you
I just wanted to make sure! I was told to contact Corniglio, but I am still waiting patiently for a response
Valmozzola has not replied to anything - emails, faxes, and letters. I hope Corniglio does!
Re: Glacini
see what I added to my last post 
He is probably listed in Part II because he was an orphan...
Be sure to mention that in your letter...
T.
He is probably listed in Part II because he was an orphan...
Be sure to mention that in your letter...
T.
Re: Glacini
I did. Thank you for your kind help! I will wait patiently for a response. Do you think I should try calling them too? I do not speak fluent Italian thoughTessa78 wrote:see what I added to my last post
He is probably listed in Part II because he was an orphan...
Be sure to mention that in your letter...
T.
Re: Glacini
In the books of Valmozzola? I have contacted Valmozzola several times. No one respondsTessa78 wrote:I added to my post above before I read yours.
This extract that you posted states that he was born in Corniglio
Giuseppe sent for this extract in 1920 because it needed it for work.
I don't see Ballone on it
However, the official is stating that this record of birth is in the books in Valmazzola...
T.
So who will have a record of the birth? Valmozzola or Corniglio? I am so confused, lol.
Thank you again for your help
Re: Glacini
Really don't know. It looks like it MIGHT be recorded in both.tawg wrote:In the books of Valmozzola? I have contacted Valmozzola several times. No one respondsTessa78 wrote:I added to my post above before I read yours.
This extract that you posted states that he was born in Corniglio
Giuseppe sent for this extract in 1920 because it needed it for work.
I don't see Ballone on it
However, the official is stating that this record of birth is in the books in Valmazzola...
T.
So who will have a record of the birth? Valmozzola or Corniglio? I am so confused, lol.
Thank you again for your help
Write to them and then after a while, you might want to email to ask about your letter.
Not all comunes respond.
email:
valmozzola@comune.valmozzola.pr.it (for Valmozzola)
sindaco@comune.bardi.pr.it (for Bardi)
Help with follow up:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... o.response
T.
Re: Glacini
Thank you for your kind help
I really appreciate it.

