Search found 10 matches
- 14 Jul 2013, 23:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Recap of today's Philly appoinment
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3862
Re: Recap of today's Philly appoinment
Quick check-in -- today, after 2.5 years since I began the process, I received my AIRE letter in the mail! At least, I think it's my AIRE letter - it is from the Comune in Italy and is all in Italian, and certifies my birth etc. But what is my next step? Do I need to receive something separate from ...
- 09 Mar 2012, 03:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Recap of today's Philly appoinment
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3862
Recap of today's Philly appoinment
Whew!
It's over--the appointment, that is. As everyone else on this forum has said, Lia is great and very professional to work with (though all-business and strict!)
I had just a few issues that I need to resolve by mailing documents in. Incredibly, it got past me that there was one birth ...
It's over--the appointment, that is. As everyone else on this forum has said, Lia is great and very professional to work with (though all-business and strict!)
I had just a few issues that I need to resolve by mailing documents in. Incredibly, it got past me that there was one birth ...
- 07 Mar 2012, 18:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Philadelphia Appointment -- TOMORROW
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1529
Philadelphia Appointment -- TOMORROW
Alright crew, the moment of truth has almost arrived. After two long years of searching for documents, calling disconnected numbers at various clerks' offices to track down birth certificates, check after check for apostilles, translations, etc, and momentary freakouts about all documents having ...
- 01 Sep 2011, 16:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Two-page marriage certificates
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1163
Two-page marriage certificates
Hello,
A quick question. Penna marriage records are two pages: The certificate itself, and then a long form (the record) with personal info. The certificate has the names, ages, place and date married, and officiant, along with relevant signatures. Must both pages be translated?
Thanks,
AM
A quick question. Penna marriage records are two pages: The certificate itself, and then a long form (the record) with personal info. The certificate has the names, ages, place and date married, and officiant, along with relevant signatures. Must both pages be translated?
Thanks,
AM
- 30 Aug 2011, 03:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help--Translations of PA marriage and death certificates
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2365
Re: Help--Translations of PA marriage and death certificates
Rodio--unbelievably helpful. I can't thank you enough. I'm sure you remember how exhausting this process is. Thanks for making it a bit easier!
AM
AM
- 29 Aug 2011, 04:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help--Translations of PA marriage and death certificates
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2365
Help--Translations of PA marriage and death certificates
Anyone willing to share their translations of marriage and death certificates from Pennsylvania? I've already spent so much time and money on this process that I can't bring myself to pay for translations. Any help appreciated. Thanks.
- 16 Jul 2011, 07:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My process so far -- Pittsburgh (Philly consulate)
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2111
Re: My process so far -- Pittsburgh (Philly consulate)
Tom,
Sorry for the delay. Here is the link:
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/t ... ml#p162494
AM
Sorry for the delay. Here is the link:
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/t ... ml#p162494
AM
- 07 Jul 2011, 19:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My process so far -- Pittsburgh (Philly consulate)
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2111
Re: My process so far -- Pittsburgh (Philly consulate)
Tom,
Thanks for writing! Great that our appointments are so close--we can either commiserate or celebrate together! I hope you'll be able to let me know how yours goes a few days ahead of mine, so I can better prepare.
I definitely didn't find the documents in one place--but the basement was a ...
Thanks for writing! Great that our appointments are so close--we can either commiserate or celebrate together! I hope you'll be able to let me know how yours goes a few days ahead of mine, so I can better prepare.
I definitely didn't find the documents in one place--but the basement was a ...
- 07 Jul 2011, 04:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: My process so far -- Pittsburgh (Philly consulate)
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2111
My process so far -- Pittsburgh (Philly consulate)
Hello all!
I've been reading these boards for months now throughout my own process of gathering and certifying documents. First, thanks so much for all of the guidance you've provided--it's been a far smoother ride with this as a resource!
I just wanted to share my process so far. In December 2010 ...
I've been reading these boards for months now throughout my own process of gathering and certifying documents. First, thanks so much for all of the guidance you've provided--it's been a far smoother ride with this as a resource!
I just wanted to share my process so far. In December 2010 ...
- 07 Jul 2011, 03:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Braddock National Bank Pittsburgh
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1315
Re: Braddock National Bank Pittsburgh
Celestino,
How funny! My friend recently bought that building and has installed an art space there. Very cool old place. What document do you need from the bank? I imagine your best bet would be to contact Mellon Bank, since they likely inherited the records from the Braddock bank.
Are you in ...
How funny! My friend recently bought that building and has installed an art space there. Very cool old place. What document do you need from the bank? I imagine your best bet would be to contact Mellon Bank, since they likely inherited the records from the Braddock bank.
Are you in ...