Tessa,
I can never thank you enough. The combined knowledge and generosity of the people on this site just overwhelms myself and my family. I have not seen my Mother and Aunt so involved in a project. They are so excited to hear about the littlest clue. I make so many phone calls everyday to keep ...
Search found 16 matches
- 27 Sep 2011, 23:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4116
- 26 Sep 2011, 14:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4116
Re: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
Thank you Laura. My mind and eyes just cannot take in all these details.
I'm still trying to figure out the Ellis Island Passenger lists. Thank You, Carolyn
I'm still trying to figure out the Ellis Island Passenger lists. Thank You, Carolyn
- 26 Sep 2011, 02:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4116
Re: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
Giovanni and Giuseppe are two very common first names. The Accornero family that is still living in Glastonbury, Connecticut have several Giovanni and Guiseppes both alive and deceased. I will have to seek their help to sort through some of these documents to determine which ones apply to their ...
- 26 Sep 2011, 02:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4116
Re: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
Hi Tessa,
The writing on the photo seemed very clear when I looked at it but I will look at it again. I find so many things of interest and take in so many bits of information I often miss very obvious clues (Example: Joseph/Giuseppe).
Another example: While looking for information concerning my ...
The writing on the photo seemed very clear when I looked at it but I will look at it again. I find so many things of interest and take in so many bits of information I often miss very obvious clues (Example: Joseph/Giuseppe).
Another example: While looking for information concerning my ...
- 26 Sep 2011, 01:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for ancestors of Carolina Di Girolamo Chieti
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1923
Re: Looking for ancestors of Carolina Di Girolamo Chieti
pichu2001
Hi Andrea,
I wanted to let you know I’ve spent some time this past week looking into the information your found for my Grandfather Albino Accornero, that he came to America to be with his cousin Guido Rossi. I am not a very good researcher and it takes me awhile to to learn how to look ...
Hi Andrea,
I wanted to let you know I’ve spent some time this past week looking into the information your found for my Grandfather Albino Accornero, that he came to America to be with his cousin Guido Rossi. I am not a very good researcher and it takes me awhile to to learn how to look ...
- 25 Sep 2011, 23:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4116
Re: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
Tessa78 and pink67:
Oh, do I feel so silly and not very smart! It just dawned on me that Joseph is an English equivalent of 'Giuseppe'. Obviously, that never entered my thinking. My 90 year old Aunt is still very sharp and I'm surprised she didn't think of it. This shows how distant some of us ...
Oh, do I feel so silly and not very smart! It just dawned on me that Joseph is an English equivalent of 'Giuseppe'. Obviously, that never entered my thinking. My 90 year old Aunt is still very sharp and I'm surprised she didn't think of it. This shows how distant some of us ...
- 25 Sep 2011, 20:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4116
Re: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
Tessa78 and pink67:
Thank you for the replys to my lastest post for Giuseppe Accornero / Torino. For the last week I had been following up on all the leads I received last week for my Grandfather Albino Accornero. I posted this post for Giuseppe separately and perhaps I shouldn't have Tessa. Sorry ...
Thank you for the replys to my lastest post for Giuseppe Accornero / Torino. For the last week I had been following up on all the leads I received last week for my Grandfather Albino Accornero. I posted this post for Giuseppe separately and perhaps I shouldn't have Tessa. Sorry ...
- 24 Sep 2011, 01:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
- Replies: 16
- Views: 4116
Information about Giuseppe Accornero / Torino, Italy
I’ve come across a couple of new names while researching my grandfather Albino Accornero (born Casorzo, last residence Vignale, Northern Italy). From a previous post on this site I learned Albino’s father’s name was Giuseppe. I’m fairly positive Albino’s father did not come to America. What I did ...
- 23 Sep 2011, 14:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Albino Accornero
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3088
Re: Information about Albino Accornero
Found the marriage license! I was never in doubt my grandparents were married. I just didn't want my Aunt and Mother to see the information from the Connecticut Death Index without also seeing a copy of the marriage license. Looking at documents is so confusing with all the conflicting information ...
- 18 Sep 2011, 05:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Albino Accornero
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3088
Re: Information about Albino Accornero
suanj: I am so very appreciative of your efforts on my behalf. Thank you for taking the time to share this information with me.
The information on the Draft Registration card is all correct but why would a 52 year old man still have a card? I'm curious about that. He was in the service in both ...
The information on the Draft Registration card is all correct but why would a 52 year old man still have a card? I'm curious about that. He was in the service in both ...
- 17 Sep 2011, 21:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Albino Accornero
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3088
Re: Information about Albino Accornero
Tessa,
I had found out and confirmed with my mother and aunt that Joseph and Josphine Accornero did live across the street from them while they were growing up. That family had four children and they all went to the same high school and two were in the same year as my aunt and mother. Ironic as it ...
I had found out and confirmed with my mother and aunt that Joseph and Josphine Accornero did live across the street from them while they were growing up. That family had four children and they all went to the same high school and two were in the same year as my aunt and mother. Ironic as it ...
- 17 Sep 2011, 20:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for ancestors of Carolina Di Girolamo Chieti
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1923
Re: Looking for ancestors of Carolina Di Girolamo Chieti
Andrea, You are very kind! I always dreamed of going go Italy but that may never happen. Next best thing would be to compile the information I find into a written history and display that along with copies of translated letters, photos, and other documents into a nice keepsake gift for my mother and ...
- 17 Sep 2011, 18:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information about Albino Accornero
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3088
Re: Information about Albino Accornero
Tessa,
Thank you so much for the wonderful assistance. The Birth Certificate was my next mission.
I have two posts one for my Grandmother and this one for my Grandfather and I am so grateful that there are so many wonderful people who take the time to go out of their way to help a stranger. I'm new ...
Thank you so much for the wonderful assistance. The Birth Certificate was my next mission.
I have two posts one for my Grandmother and this one for my Grandfather and I am so grateful that there are so many wonderful people who take the time to go out of their way to help a stranger. I'm new ...
- 17 Sep 2011, 18:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for ancestors of Carolina Di Girolamo Chieti
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1923
Re: Looking for ancestors of Carolina Di Girolamo Chieti
Hello Andrea,
I can't even begin to thank you for your effort on my behalf. Do you happen to have family that share either surname? Please let me know. If not, I'm even more amazed at your generous assistance. Thank you for coming to my aid either way!
I can't imagine how you found out so much ...
I can't even begin to thank you for your effort on my behalf. Do you happen to have family that share either surname? Please let me know. If not, I'm even more amazed at your generous assistance. Thank you for coming to my aid either way!
I can't imagine how you found out so much ...
- 17 Sep 2011, 14:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for ancestors of Carolina Di Girolamo Chieti
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1923
Looking for ancestors of Carolina Di Girolamo Chieti
Hi,
We are looking for family members of my Grandmother Carolina Di Girolamo (Vedova?) Accornero. She was possibly born in Chieti on May 13, 1890 or May 31, 1890. Her father's name may be Carmine. I know she went back to Chieti, Italy in 1966 and died in Chieti on Nov 14, 1968. At that time she may ...
We are looking for family members of my Grandmother Carolina Di Girolamo (Vedova?) Accornero. She was possibly born in Chieti on May 13, 1890 or May 31, 1890. Her father's name may be Carmine. I know she went back to Chieti, Italy in 1966 and died in Chieti on Nov 14, 1968. At that time she may ...