Search found 3 matches

by duonnolo
03 Jun 2014, 19:06
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salemmo
Replies: 3
Views: 3486

Re: Salemmo

Hi, I am breathing life into this old post- are you still interested in Salemmo? Your grandfather was born in the same town as my great-grandfather, Giovanni Duonnolo... Santangelo Infirmis. Prisco chose my great-grandfather to be the godfather of one of his children with his first wife, Catarina ...
by duonnolo
23 Mar 2013, 17:39
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Understanding Italian names- re: La, Del
Replies: 3
Views: 1765

Understanding Italian names- re: La, Del

Hi, I am having a horrible time figuring anything out about my great-grandmother, Maria LaGrossa. My question is, I know that "Del" and "Di" mean that they are "of" their father- what about La? I know Grosso and Grossa would be the masculine and feminine of the same word in other Latin based ...
by duonnolo
27 Feb 2012, 03:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Duonnolo Family Tree
Replies: 4
Views: 4359

Re: Duonnolo Family Tree

Hi Lori... my great-grandfather, Giovanni, was Cristina's sister. I have not been able to make it past Michele and Anna either! If you want to compare notes on the Duonnolos, though, I'd love to do that. I have traced Giovanni's and Domenico's descendents and am in contact with members of both lines ...