Thanks to both Anizio & liviomoreno for your information. Actually, the site I have always linked to is: http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/index.faces.
It worked wonderfully for years - thousands of records there - but about 6-8 months ago it went down. Then one day it was back up. Now it's down again ...
Search found 10 matches
- 16 Mar 2015, 23:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3818
- 15 Mar 2015, 21:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
- Replies: 9
- Views: 3818
Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
Just wondering if anyone else is again having a problem accessing this wonderful website? There is such an incredible wealth of information available there - when it's working. Seems in the past 6 months it's been more down than up. Have they changed the web address? Thanks for any information.
- 24 Oct 2014, 16:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for Italian ancestors after 1910
- Replies: 15
- Views: 7942
Re: Searching for Italian ancestors after 1910
Thank you all for the quick responses! I was afraid I going to have to deal with the privacy laws. I know there are a number of family members still living in Italy, however the relatives in the US that would be able to give me contact information are, unfortunately, nonexistent having passed away ...
- 24 Oct 2014, 15:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for Italian ancestors after 1910
- Replies: 15
- Views: 7942
Searching for Italian ancestors after 1910
Does anyone have any suggestions for researching Italian ancestors after 1910? I have used Family Search's resources very successfully - both with the available online records and the films that can be ordered - however the records seem to end in 1910. I have also used Portale della Stori degli ...
- 18 May 2014, 21:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian records after 1910
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1654
Re: Italian records after 1910
Thank you Marty! Appreciate the information.
- 18 May 2014, 18:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian records after 1910
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1654
Italian records after 1910
I am searching for civil records after 1910 for Cosenza, Calabria, Italy (specifically Altomonte). Family Search/Family History films (online or for ordering) have nothing available after 1910 that I can find. Does anyone know of another place I might search? I have placed a help email with Family ...
- 02 May 2014, 18:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pappaianni family from Altomonte
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3369
Re: Pappaianni family from Altomonte
suanj: (Sorry, I don't know your name)
Your website link doesn't work for me. Do you have a different one?
Your website link doesn't work for me. Do you have a different one?
- 21 Apr 2014, 15:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pappaianni family from Altomonte
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3369
Re: Pappaianni family from Altomonte
THANK YOU!!! I only hope someday I can help others as you have helped me.
- 21 Apr 2014, 03:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pappaianni family from Altomonte
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3369
Re: Pappaianni family from Altomonte
Thank you so very much for your response. Yes, those are the Pappaianni's that I am related to. I was kindly given the link to those same records last year and it was in those birth records that I found all the brothers and sisters that I didn't know my grandfather had! I had not had an opportunity ...
- 20 Apr 2014, 14:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pappaianni family from Altomonte
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3369
Pappaianni family from Altomonte
I began researching my Italian ancestors last June. I have no immediate family members still living so sometimes this is truly a "needle in a haystack" search. I am planning a trip to Italy this fall to further research my family, hoping to find additional records and trace further back. Having ...