Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
Just wondering if anyone else is again having a problem accessing this wonderful website? There is such an incredible wealth of information available there - when it's working. Seems in the past 6 months it's been more down than up. Have they changed the web address? Thanks for any information.
B. Pappaianni
Re: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
Keep in mind that site is down 1-2 hours per night, around the same time, for regular maintenance. If you keep accessing around that time it explains your trouble. I have used it for years and it is almost always up.
At the moment it is down because Thursday-Friday of last week they uploaded a HUGE amount of documents from the Archives of Pesaro and Macerata. Although it was unstable and they worked for a few days trying to fix and then eventually took all of Pesaro's records off as of yesterday. I am positive it is down now because they are trying to re-upload all of Pesaro's records and trying to get over the error that occurred.
Patience.
At the moment it is down because Thursday-Friday of last week they uploaded a HUGE amount of documents from the Archives of Pesaro and Macerata. Although it was unstable and they worked for a few days trying to fix and then eventually took all of Pesaro's records off as of yesterday. I am positive it is down now because they are trying to re-upload all of Pesaro's records and trying to get over the error that occurred.
Patience.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
I believe that bnbnm is referring to this http://web.archive.org/web/201306012307 ... temaAction
not to http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/home
Unfortunately the "Portale della Storia degli Italiani" seems to have disapeared
not to http://www.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/home
Unfortunately the "Portale della Storia degli Italiani" seems to have disapeared
Re: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
My mistake. I seem to be half asleep this morning.
TIP: When asking for records from Italy, do NOT ask for an "estratto." ALWAYS ask for a "copia integrale." A photocopy of the original Act will contain more information
Re: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
Thanks to both Anizio & liviomoreno for your information. Actually, the site I have always linked to is: http://88.59.143.158/ascs_web/index.faces.
It worked wonderfully for years - thousands of records there - but about 6-8 months ago it went down. Then one day it was back up. Now it's down again. The link just tries and tries and never connects. I just tried the "webarchive" link that liviomoreno posted and lo and behold - that's my portal!!! But even though it looks exactly like the portal I've always used, my login info doesn't take me where it used to. In fact, I can't really figure out WHERE it's taking me but it's not a search page. Is this something new that has replaced the old site? My people are from Cosenza/Calabria. If anyone has a different site with old records from this area I'd truly appreciate knowing what it is.
It worked wonderfully for years - thousands of records there - but about 6-8 months ago it went down. Then one day it was back up. Now it's down again. The link just tries and tries and never connects. I just tried the "webarchive" link that liviomoreno posted and lo and behold - that's my portal!!! But even though it looks exactly like the portal I've always used, my login info doesn't take me where it used to. In fact, I can't really figure out WHERE it's taking me but it's not a search page. Is this something new that has replaced the old site? My people are from Cosenza/Calabria. If anyone has a different site with old records from this area I'd truly appreciate knowing what it is.
B. Pappaianni
Re: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
I'm having the same problem. I contacted Paolo Siciliani (paolo.siciliani@beniculturali.it..) of the Archive's IT department to request status of their site. His response was as follows:
"Salve abbiamo problemi sui server, non siamo in grado di accertare i tempi per il ripristino.
Cordiali saluti
Paolo Siciliani"
Translated to English:
"Hi we have problems on the server , we are not able to ascertain the time for recovery."
I hope they fix it soon.
"Salve abbiamo problemi sui server, non siamo in grado di accertare i tempi per il ripristino.
Cordiali saluti
Paolo Siciliani"
Translated to English:
"Hi we have problems on the server , we are not able to ascertain the time for recovery."
I hope they fix it soon.
-
Famiglia Troncellito
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 04 Apr 2012, 06:33
Re: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
About 2014 they had the same problem. Down for about 5 months.
Now again since about 3 months.
Now again since about 3 months.
-
mgulluscio
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 15 Feb 2014, 19:22
Re: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
I'n not sure if this is the same website you are speaking of but the Portale Della Storia Delgi-State Archive of Cosenza, has been down since Jan. Many of us have received e-mails & continue to contact the ministry. We have been told due to a lack in funding it had to shut down. Maybe the gov't. can find some $
-
wisemonkey
Re: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
Thank you for solving the mystery. The Portale Della Storia Delgi Italiani -State Archive of Cosenza was a treasure trove and I really miss it. Has the ministry considered making it a subscription service and charging for access? Just a thought.
-
mgulluscio
- Newbie

- Posts: 12
- Joined: 15 Feb 2014, 19:22
Re: Portale della Storia degli Italiani?
My research is in Longobucco, Cosenza. I have indexed all the records so if anyone needs me to look up a name please let me know. My e-mail is y155@yahoo.com
