Search found 7 matches

by emmyc
03 Apr 2014, 16:09
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Translating Street Names
Replies: 2
Views: 815

Translating Street Names

Perhaps a stupid question, but when translating street names into Italian, for example 11 East 34th Street, do you actually translate each word or do you leave the names in English? I feel like you should leave them as they are because it's the actual address, but I wasn't sure. Thoughts?
by emmyc
02 Apr 2014, 16:37
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Please check my translations - short
Replies: 2
Views: 877

Please check my translations - short

There are a few words/phrases I'm unsure of, and I was hoping you guys could help. I'm translating my GGF's death certificate and my Gf's marriage certificate.

1) Elevator operator - I found "Ascensorista" but is this okay since it's feminine and my GGF was male?

2) Loft building - I'm at a loss ...
by emmyc
06 Feb 2014, 15:03
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: GF Divorced & Remarried Later in Life - Need Documents?
Replies: 1
Views: 1273

GF Divorced & Remarried Later in Life - Need Documents?

My grandfather (who our genealogy is being traced through) divorced and remarried much later in life, when my mother was in her mid-twenties. On his death certificate it states that his wife is the woman he remarried. Do I need to produce the divorce and marriage certificates to prove genealogy? It ...
by emmyc
05 Feb 2014, 14:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Email from Commune in Italy - Help!
Replies: 2
Views: 1227

Email from Commune in Italy - Help!

I received the following email in response to my request for my GGF's birth certificate. Some information redacted for privacy reasons.

Ciao, sono Vincenzo Musto- Ufficiale di stato Civile e di Anagrafe del Comune di -------. Ho rintracciato l'atto di nascita da Te richiesto ed a breve lo invierò ...
by emmyc
06 Jan 2014, 17:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Proof marriages/births in America registered in Italy?
Replies: 0
Views: 783

Proof marriages/births in America registered in Italy?

When applying for Italian citizenship, do I need to provide proof that marriages, births, etc. which occurred in American are registered with the commune in Italy?
by emmyc
02 Jan 2014, 18:58
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Aunt Already Registered Paperwork
Replies: 0
Views: 874

Aunt Already Registered Paperwork

My aunt already went through the citizenship process and now has Italian citizenship. She's given me all her research and I'm planning to get my mother Italian citizenship. My aunt got citizenship through her grandfather. As such, she's already registered her grandfather's marriage and her father's ...