Search found 21 matches
- 25 Aug 2024, 18:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Duel Citizenship papers
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3407
Re: Duel Citizenship papers
The 1830's was something I found on line while I was trying to find other relatives still in Italy. I did have a Professional Genealogist trace my ancestor, with the help of DNA. The baptismal record is a copy of what's on file for my Great grand father. He was born in Dec 1841, at home. Because he ...
- 24 Aug 2024, 13:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Duel Citizenship papers
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3407
Re: Duel Citizenship papers
Yes I have his baptismal certificate. He was born at home in Bel Piano. There is no record of him of Declaration
or Petitioning for US Citizenship. I did see an Italian paper of his parents and that did have Kingdom of Sardinia on it, but that was around 1830. Would it be best to call the Consulate ...
or Petitioning for US Citizenship. I did see an Italian paper of his parents and that did have Kingdom of Sardinia on it, but that was around 1830. Would it be best to call the Consulate ...
- 24 Aug 2024, 00:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Duel Citizenship papers
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3407
Re: Duel Citizenship papers
How can I prove that my Great grandfather left Italy after 1861? The first record of him in the US is 1863. An attorney told me I need to prove that he did not leave Italy before 1861. Would there be any records, like tax or censuses that he would of been recorded on?
- 21 Aug 2024, 13:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Duel Citizenship papers
- Replies: 8
- Views: 3407
Duel Citizenship papers
I can not find any papers on when my Great grandfather entered the US, I can not find him on any ship records. Is there any paperwork ie. censes or residence status, that might prove he was still in Italy in 1861? He lived in the Borzonasca, Genoa area.
- 02 Nov 2019, 15:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Louisa Brizolara
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1108
Re: Louisa Brizolara
I am Brignole. There is a marriage of G. Brignole and M.Sbarboro. Maria Sbarboro moved to Chicago after living in Buffalo NY. Then a marriage to Brizzolara (Am. spelling is Brissolara). We do have a family tree of the line, of Benedetto Brizzolara. if you want to PM me.
- 05 Oct 2019, 14:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mare family
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1388
Re: Mare family
Did. I know the birth and death, but would like to know family members.
- 22 Sep 2019, 17:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Brignolo Family - Asti Provence
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1653
Re: Brignolo Family - Asti Provence
I don't know if this may be of help, but knowing what I went though trying to locate my ancestors. I found out that I am a Brignole, from Liguria. Many times it was spelled Brignole (i)(o). Many of his relatives were from the Piedmont region. And some settled in California. It's worth checking out ...
- 21 Sep 2019, 16:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mare family
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1388
Mare family
Looking for relatives of Lazzaro Mare; born Mar 1848 and died: Feb 1926 in Compiano.
- 05 Nov 2018, 14:26
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Belpiano and small villages
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2347
Belpiano and small villages
Belpiano (Borzonasca)is resort town today, but does anyone know it's history in the early 1800's? Any history on the villages Brignole and Brizzolara, also what are they like today? Are there any Brignole's or Mare' still living in the area?
- 07 Aug 2018, 17:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Brignole family
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4326
Re: Brignole family
Tessa 78: I tried the links you gave me to family search. Are there any ways to find birth records before 1866?
- 30 Jul 2018, 16:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Brignole family
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4326
Re: Brignole family
I checked that ship-manifest you put the link to. The birth dates are too late, but I think they are the same family. Would there be ship-manifest for a French ship leaving Genoa around 1859?
- 28 Jul 2018, 00:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Brignole family
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4326
Re: Brignole family
Can't find a ship manifest. Don't have a Port of Call. Some immigrants came through Canada then crossed the boarder to the US, not all were recorded.
- 27 Jul 2018, 14:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Brignole family
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4326
Re: Brignole family
So one of the parishes in Boronasca should have a baptism record on him, and the church would list the parents names even if the parents weren't married? Is there any reason why he would of not taken his fathers name?
- 26 Jul 2018, 18:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Brignole family
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4326
Re: Brignole family
My grt-grandfather Pietro Brignole dob: Jan 1842 +/- a couple of years, I found out through y-DNA that his father was a Mare', but his mother was a Brignole. A family member Agostina was found in the main parish records but no one else. Agostina's dob:1834, parents were Giuseppe & Mary Brignole(i ...
- 20 Jul 2018, 16:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Brignole family
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4326
Brignole family
Does anyone know anything about the Brignole's from Borzanasca, Ligiria? Pariahs: marriages, baptisms, deaths?