Search found 3 matches

by frederickjohnsen
13 Aug 2016, 17:34
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Changing Your Name
Replies: 4
Views: 6045

Re: Changing Your Name

My Italian branch of the family changed it from Cresci to Cressy. Supposedly, my GGF felt he could not get a job with the carpenters union with an Italian name. Family history has it that his parents and siblings were not happy about it. To date no one in that line has changed it back - though they ...
by frederickjohnsen
10 Aug 2016, 19:14
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Need Help Deciphering the Name of a Town
Replies: 2
Views: 1044

Need Help Deciphering the Name of a Town

My GGGF Guiseppe Cresci came from Italy in 1880. He was born in 1849. The only document I have with the town he was born in is this application for a US passport, but I cannot decipher his claimed place of birth. I tried to search variation of what I think it is but found nothing. Maybe someone can ...
by frederickjohnsen
10 Aug 2016, 19:03
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: A Town I Cannot Find
Replies: 2
Views: 2442

A Town I Cannot Find

I am researching the Italian part of my family and I have info on my GGGF Guiseppe Cresci - application for a US Passport, but the town he claims to have been born in does not exist, as far as I have been able to look, or maybe I am reading something wrong. The town looks like "Roudousei" or ...