Need Help Deciphering the Name of a Town

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
frederickjohnsen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 Aug 2016, 18:53

Need Help Deciphering the Name of a Town

Post by frederickjohnsen »

My GGGF Guiseppe Cresci came from Italy in 1880. He was born in 1849. The only document I have with the town he was born in is this application for a US passport, but I cannot decipher his claimed place of birth. I tried to search variation of what I think it is but found nothing. Maybe someone can help. Thanks.
Attachments
record-image_3QS7-L9DZ-SCRN.jpg
record-image_3QS7-L9DZ-SCRN.jpg
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Need Help Deciphering the Name of a Town

Post by adelfio »

Town of Ponderano province of Biella region of Piemonte

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Need Help Deciphering the Name of a Town

Post by suanj »

Hi,
It could be also Rondanina(Genova province)...
best,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Post Reply