Search found 8 matches
- 18 Mar 2018, 03:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How Long Did You Wait for Citizenship Recognition?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2065
Re: How Long Did You Wait for Citizenship Recognition?
6 weeks for your companion is astonishing, even 6 months is quite good. I'm hoping to start a university course at the beginning of 2018, and I told them that if I am not recognized before then I would have to delay my studies because I would be considered an international student and would be ...
- 15 Mar 2018, 05:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How Long Did You Wait for Citizenship Recognition?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2065
How Long Did You Wait for Citizenship Recognition?
I had my jure sanguinis appointment at the Chicago Consulate a month ago. It went very well and I was told by the consular officer that I could expect to wait about a year until I receive the letter of formal recognition and can then apply for my Italian passport. Another officer told me it would be ...
- 28 Dec 2017, 03:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What naturalization records are acceptable to the Consulate?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1702
Re: What naturalization records are acceptable to the Consulate?
Oh I see, so you just presented the microfiche at your consulate appointment? How exactly did NARA certify the microfiche, with an attached certificate? I live in Denver and there's a NARA branch, I will call to see if they can do the same for me. I have the microfilm and roll number. Thank you ...
- 27 Dec 2017, 08:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What naturalization records are acceptable to the Consulate?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1702
What naturalization records are acceptable to the Consulate?
For those of you who read my previous post, I am applying for Italian citizenship Jure Sanguinis through my great-grandfather.
The Chicago consulate says I need copies of Naturalization records certified BY the National Archives, but my grandfather naturalized in 1903, so all the records exist on ...
The Chicago consulate says I need copies of Naturalization records certified BY the National Archives, but my grandfather naturalized in 1903, so all the records exist on ...
- 29 Nov 2017, 01:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2680
Re: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records
I can't conclusively prove that it is him, that's where my problem lies. What I'm going on is that I have not been able to find anyone else with his name living in Illinois before 1910, so that it makes it more likely that the Frank Capillupo on the 1903 record I found is him. His brother was well ...
- 26 Nov 2017, 02:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2680
Re: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records
He was single at this point, he married my great-grandmother in 1906 in Denver. I have the marriage certificate.
And I had a closer look at the Petition after I replied to you last night, and he declares himself to be 21 years old, so you were right that he needed to be a legal adult to apply. He ...
And I had a closer look at the Petition after I replied to you last night, and he declares himself to be 21 years old, so you were right that he needed to be a legal adult to apply. He ...
- 25 Nov 2017, 04:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2680
Re: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records
Thank you Mler for your response,
You've raised some very good points. I have his census records for both 1900 and 1910, he was listed as an Alien in 1900 but as a Naturalized citizen in 1910. So he was naturalized at some point in those 10 years, which I'm hoping makes it all the more reasonable ...
You've raised some very good points. I have his census records for both 1900 and 1910, he was listed as an Alien in 1900 but as a Naturalized citizen in 1910. So he was naturalized at some point in those 10 years, which I'm hoping makes it all the more reasonable ...
- 14 Nov 2017, 10:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2680
How Strict is the Chicago Consulate on Naturalization Records
Hello,
Anyone with the knowledge to help, I would greatly appreciate some advice! I have a citizenship iure sanguinis appointment in Chicago, which crucially hangs on the fact that my great-grandfather was a minor under Italian law when he naturalized as an American citizen. Therefore he never lost ...
Anyone with the knowledge to help, I would greatly appreciate some advice! I have a citizenship iure sanguinis appointment in Chicago, which crucially hangs on the fact that my great-grandfather was a minor under Italian law when he naturalized as an American citizen. Therefore he never lost ...