@suanj you are brilliant!! Thank you so much!! And I can confirm I’ve also found this military record for Peter and I have personal knowledge he was part of the family.
Can anyone read the other family members names and ages on the arrival record? I’m having a hard time deciphering the handwriting ...
Search found 12 matches
- 20 May 2019, 16:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Typo in "Avellino" — can't find birth record, am I looking in the right place?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2490
- 19 May 2019, 21:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Typo in "Avellino" — can't find birth record, am I looking in the right place?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2490
Re: Typo in "Avellino" — can't find birth record, am I looking in the right place?
(attaching death cert, marriage cert, and 1920 census)
- 19 May 2019, 21:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Typo in "Avellino" — can't find birth record, am I looking in the right place?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2490
Typo in "Avellino" — can't find birth record, am I looking in the right place?
I'm searching for my GGM's birth record, and I can't seem to track it down due to typos throughout the year.
Name: "Maria Telesco" (also used "Mary" and "Marie" in the US)
Born: Either 17 Mar 1907 or 16 Mar 1905 in "Avellina, Italy" (the "a" was a typo on the naturalization petition and she lied ...
Name: "Maria Telesco" (also used "Mary" and "Marie" in the US)
Born: Either 17 Mar 1907 or 16 Mar 1905 in "Avellina, Italy" (the "a" was a typo on the naturalization petition and she lied ...
- 21 Mar 2019, 05:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Hiring a translator to translate documents for consulate
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1231
Hiring a translator to translate documents for consulate
Hey guys!
I've been making a bit of progress with the documents for my dual citizenship request.
As the english language documents come back stateside, I'm going to need to start translating them into Italian for use by the consulate.
Does the translator need any special qualifications other than ...
I've been making a bit of progress with the documents for my dual citizenship request.
As the english language documents come back stateside, I'm going to need to start translating them into Italian for use by the consulate.
Does the translator need any special qualifications other than ...
- 11 Sep 2018, 04:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
- Replies: 21
- Views: 7285
Re: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
I went online and they're booking out to April 2020 for Miami, so I booked the appointment now. Good tip, thank you!
I've heard that some people have expedited the process by applying with an Italian court through an attorney in Italy—that might be an option I explore. Something about the 730 day ...
I've heard that some people have expedited the process by applying with an Italian court through an attorney in Italy—that might be an option I explore. Something about the 730 day ...
- 11 Sep 2018, 02:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
- Replies: 21
- Views: 7285
Re: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
Oh yes that certainly would never happen today! That had to be a long time ago that you applied. With how popular dual citizenship in the EU has become these days, it seems the consulates are inundated with requests. Any advice as to how I should go about scheduling the appointment with the ...
- 11 Sep 2018, 01:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
- Replies: 21
- Views: 7285
Re: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
always keep in mind (and my situation confirms this) that no one’s experience is a sure guarantee that your experience will be the same.
Certainly! And very interested to hear what happened in your situation, if you don't mind my asking?
If, for some reason, your consulate wants further ...
- 09 Sep 2018, 22:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
- Replies: 21
- Views: 7285
Re: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
Thank you all for sharing your experiences and reassuring me here! I went digging further and found the microfilm copies of my GGF's declaration of intention, petition, and oath—the whole package from the court naturalization records. That reassures me that I won't have to find my GGGF's papers now ...
- 08 Sep 2018, 00:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
- Replies: 21
- Views: 7285
Re: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
That he came as a minor raises concerns that he may have acquired derivative naturalization through the naturalization of his father, but the fact that your ggf naturalized himself in 1935 is sufficient evidence that this was not the case.
This was also what raised concern for me. I've heard ...
- 08 Sep 2018, 00:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating 1896 birth record?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 969
Re: Help translating 1896 birth record?
Thank you PippoM!
Also want to share Tessa78's translation that she did for me as I was waiting for this post to be approved, in case the longer translation may be helpful to anyone:
Record #265
Dated 15 November 1896 in Sanfele
Before the official appeared Mariantonia Maula, 66yo midwife ...
Also want to share Tessa78's translation that she did for me as I was waiting for this post to be approved, in case the longer translation may be helpful to anyone:
Record #265
Dated 15 November 1896 in Sanfele
Before the official appeared Mariantonia Maula, 66yo midwife ...
- 04 Sep 2018, 00:23
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
- Replies: 21
- Views: 7285
What am I missing? Attempting jure sanguinis through mother's line
Hey all,
Been lurking for a while, and this forum has been exceptionally helpful thus-far! Hit a little bit of a snag, and hoping for your advice.
My mom and I are attempting to gain jure sanguinis dual US-Italian citizenship through my mother's lineage.
Here's what I know about the part of the ...
Been lurking for a while, and this forum has been exceptionally helpful thus-far! Hit a little bit of a snag, and hoping for your advice.
My mom and I are attempting to gain jure sanguinis dual US-Italian citizenship through my mother's lineage.
Here's what I know about the part of the ...
- 03 Sep 2018, 20:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help translating 1896 birth record?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 969
Help translating 1896 birth record?
Yesterday I got a giant break in my family tree research when I found out the birth name of one of my maternal great-grandfathers. I was able to find a US naturalization petition with his DOB and birth city on the petition (got really lucky here) and then what I believe is his birth record in the ...