Search found 7 matches
- 28 Feb 2019, 22:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Free Language Learning Software Through Your Library!
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1258
Free Language Learning Software Through Your Library!
I just wanted to give a heads up to other members - many local libraries not only have access to premium databases useful in genealogical research (such as ancestory.com), but many also offer access to language learning software like Mango Languages. I've found it very useful in starting to pick up ...
- 26 Feb 2019, 18:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: spellings and dates
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2240
Re: spellings and dates
Petrullos - any update on your progress?
I have a similar situation as described by Petrullos.
I too have read mixed statements on Anglicization of names - some saying that it didn't matter for their application, others saying they had to get a court declaration of "one and the same" and/or ...
I have a similar situation as described by Petrullos.
I too have read mixed statements on Anglicization of names - some saying that it didn't matter for their application, others saying they had to get a court declaration of "one and the same" and/or ...
- 25 Feb 2019, 23:13
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Searching for birth certificates yourself
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1776
Re: Searching for birth certificates yourself
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Palermo/Stato+civile+della+restaurazione/Palermo+Sezione+Zisaoggi+Palermo/
ffusiak - a quick thank you for sharing that link. I was able to back out of Palermo and drill down to Valenzano through the Archivio di Stato di Bari to ...
- 25 Feb 2019, 19:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Necessity of Great Grandmother's US Birth Certificate?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1951
Re: Necessity of Great Grandmother's US Birth Certificate?
mler - you were absolutely correct! I obtained naturalization documents from the Circuit Court of Lake County, Illinois and they do in fact confirm your suspicion. My great-grandmother's declaration of intent and petition for naturalization clearly state "Act of Sept. 22 1922," which is a clear ...
- 24 Feb 2019, 13:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Necessity of Great Grandmother's US Birth Certificate?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1951
Re: Necessity of Great Grandmother's US Birth Certificate?
Wow, I had no idea this was the case, and would seem to explain the situation I'm finding with my great-grandmother. She married my Italian-born great-grandfather in June of 1922, and the Cable Act didn't go into effect until September of 1922. Had they only waited three months!
Thanks again for ...
Thanks again for ...
- 23 Feb 2019, 14:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Necessity of Great Grandmother's US Birth Certificate?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1951
Re: Necessity of Great Grandmother's US Birth Certificate?
Thanks, mler.
I haven't contacted the Chicago consulate yet - I trying to gather all the relevant documentation first. I was hoping that since citizen is through paternal lineage, that my great-grandmother's birth certificate wouldn't prove to be an issue.
Interestingly, our family's oral history ...
I haven't contacted the Chicago consulate yet - I trying to gather all the relevant documentation first. I was hoping that since citizen is through paternal lineage, that my great-grandmother's birth certificate wouldn't prove to be an issue.
Interestingly, our family's oral history ...
- 08 Feb 2019, 14:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Necessity of Great Grandmother's US Birth Certificate?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1951
Necessity of Great Grandmother's US Birth Certificate?
Hello.
I am researching my eligibility for Italian Citizenship through my paternal grandfather.
My grandfather was born in the United States in 1923. His father (my great-grandfather) was born in Italy in 1896, came to the United States in 1913, married my great-grandmother - a US born citizen ...
I am researching my eligibility for Italian Citizenship through my paternal grandfather.
My grandfather was born in the United States in 1923. His father (my great-grandfather) was born in Italy in 1896, came to the United States in 1913, married my great-grandmother - a US born citizen ...