I just wanted to give a heads up to other members - many local libraries not only have access to premium databases useful in genealogical research (such as ancestory.com), but many also offer access to language learning software like Mango Languages. I've found it very useful in starting to pick up some Italian - and the best part is I can log in remotely with my library card using a link through my library's website.
Talk to your librarian or log on to your local library's web page - you may already have free access to this or a similar language learning software just by using you library card!
Mango is pretty good. It uses color coding to illustrate differences in sentence structure, has audible readings to help guide you, and if you have a microphone on your computer it can analyze your pronunciation. If you hover the mouse cursor over a work, the phonetic spelling will even pop up showing which syllable to emphasize.
