Search found 36 matches
- 07 Dec 2021, 20:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Consul appointments: should we bring a lawyer?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2306
Re: Consul appointments: should we bring a lawyer?
FYI: you aren't permitted to bring a lawyer in, nor any guest. Only the applicant may attend!
- 07 Dec 2021, 20:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: no birth certificate, alternatives? only scans of archive documents are available.
- Replies: 7
- Views: 3633
Re: no birth certificate, alternatives? only scans of archive documents are available.
I solved this by visiting the Vatican parish office. They were very helpful there, they weren't able to help by email/phone or via the 3 assistants I hired. Sometimes things are best done in person!
- 07 Dec 2021, 20:25
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Delivering extra papers to London consulate
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2044
Re: Delivering extra papers to London consulate
For those seeking closure on this: I emailed the consulate and they replied telling me to come in, security let me in after viewing that email, Simple!
- 07 Dec 2021, 20:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: citizenship recognised, now what?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1774
citizenship recognised, now what?
Hello Ciao!
So, the Consulate told me my claim is recognised! They are now doing my Comune/AIRE registration, once that completes I may apply for a passport. They say that the speed of my "finalization of the AIRE registration depends on the Comune".
Now what, does anyone know how long I can ...
So, the Consulate told me my claim is recognised! They are now doing my Comune/AIRE registration, once that completes I may apply for a passport. They say that the speed of my "finalization of the AIRE registration depends on the Comune".
Now what, does anyone know how long I can ...
- 02 Nov 2021, 02:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Delivering extra papers to London consulate
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2044
Delivering extra papers to London consulate
Hello ciao!
When I had my appointment at the London Consulate, they said I was missing one document and should deliver it later. They asked me to email when I had it, which I did 2 weeks ago… shall I just go in without an appointment, did anyone else get this situation? I think I was told I could ...
When I had my appointment at the London Consulate, they said I was missing one document and should deliver it later. They asked me to email when I had it, which I did 2 weeks ago… shall I just go in without an appointment, did anyone else get this situation? I think I was told I could ...
- 02 Nov 2021, 02:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Fortunato Aloisio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1560
Re: Fortunato Aloisio
In Rome!
- 01 Nov 2021, 00:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Fortunato Aloisio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1560
Re: Fortunato Aloisio
Thanks for the replies. My question is specifically about the combination of Fortunato Aloisio. I noticed many people called Fortunato Aloisio, with a surname that was a variant of Josa. Do I assume that everyone in this group is related or is Fortunato Aloisio just a very commonly occurring name ...
- 27 Oct 2021, 13:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Fortunato Aloisio
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1560
Fortunato Aloisio
Ciao everyone,
I have been researching ancestors and noted that many possible leads with the surname Josa/Jossi/Josi all had given names of Aloisio Fortunato, this happens for many generations. It excited me as it may be a way to prove lineage to various potentials. I know Italy honours relatives ...
I have been researching ancestors and noted that many possible leads with the surname Josa/Jossi/Josi all had given names of Aloisio Fortunato, this happens for many generations. It excited me as it may be a way to prove lineage to various potentials. I know Italy honours relatives ...
- 19 May 2021, 17:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Vatican research helper?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4318
Re: Vatican research helper?
For future people, Upwork.com had a fantastic array of freelancer Legal assistants in Rome. Some of whom have now helped me. Ciao!
- 05 May 2021, 13:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Draft dodging ancestor?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4395
Re: Draft dodging ancestor?
My ancestor was classified as a draft dodger in 1872, he was a missionary abroad and didn't naturalise before 1916
- 02 May 2021, 12:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Draft dodging ancestor?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4395
Re: Draft dodging ancestor?
Thanks! Hopefully no problem! He was a Vatican family and served as a protestant missionary, which has partly encouraged the Vatican to refuse to give me his baptism record..Ill keep researching.Thanks
- 26 Apr 2021, 18:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Vatican research helper?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4318
Vatican research helper?
The Consulate will only process my application if the Vatican release my ancerstor's baptism record, he was baptised in St. Peter's Basilica. They have told me that they have this record but also said they refuse to release it. They refused because :
1.they think it has no civil value so they don't ...
1.they think it has no civil value so they don't ...
- 26 Apr 2021, 18:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Draft dodging ancestor?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4395
Draft dodging ancestor?
Hello
I was advised b the Consulate that they need to check the law to see if I am eligible for citizenship because my qualifying link with Italy was a draft-dodger! His military record says "dichiarato renitente"...
Has anyone ever experienced this, what is the likelihood of failing to get my ...
I was advised b the Consulate that they need to check the law to see if I am eligible for citizenship because my qualifying link with Italy was a draft-dodger! His military record says "dichiarato renitente"...
Has anyone ever experienced this, what is the likelihood of failing to get my ...
- 23 Apr 2021, 02:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Rejected in London...strange reason! Xenophobic bureaucrat?
- Replies: 15
- Views: 7461
Re: Rejected in London...strange reason! Xenophobic bureaucrat?
I attended today, met the same person as last time, but this time all processed smoothly!! No idea why last time I received such a strange intepretation but anyway. I suggest people never give up if faced with these issues.
- 21 Jan 2021, 00:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: any tips for finding documents in Rome archives, can you refer a researcher?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1413
any tips for finding documents in Rome archives, can you refer a researcher?
Hello,
I need to collect a document from Rome. It is complex. None of the major Rome registers seem to have kept birth certificates when my GGF was born in 1854.
He was baptised in St. Peter's, Vatican (they have a record), and the Rome military tried to conscript him (they have a record ...
I need to collect a document from Rome. It is complex. None of the major Rome registers seem to have kept birth certificates when my GGF was born in 1854.
He was baptised in St. Peter's, Vatican (they have a record), and the Rome military tried to conscript him (they have a record ...