Search found 2 matches

by hessgoblue
10 Mar 2021, 15:45
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How to correct misspellings on documents?
Replies: 13
Views: 8370

Re: How to correct misspellings on documents?

Check with the state that issued the birth certificate about amending the birth certificate. If it is really close and you can prove it, some states will allow you to file an amendment to the birth certificate specifying the correct spelling. My American born mom's first name was spelled wrong on ...
by hessgoblue
23 Feb 2021, 15:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Question about making contact in Italy to obtain documents
Replies: 7
Views: 2679

Re: Question about making contact in Italy to obtain documents

If you speak Italian and want to try calling the comune, you can but I think sending emails or letters is really a gamble. Like the other user here, I also never elicited a response on my own in this way. I used a company for mine (Francesco Curione) and he was very fast. Based on what he told me ...