Search found 2 matches
- 22 Feb 2022, 03:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Adoption
- Replies: 1
- Views: 904
Adoption
Does anyone know the rules for adoption and Jure Sanguinis? If my biological mother who qualifies gave me up for adoption years ago, would I still qualify? I have a non-certified birth certificate with her name on it and my certified with my adoptive parents.
- 15 Feb 2022, 01:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name discrepancies & 7 year rule questions
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1497
Name discrepancies & 7 year rule questions
Hi all, fairly new to all this so I have a couple of questions.
1. My great grandfather signed a document of intent to naturalize in 1917, and my grandfather was born in 1920. I've heard it takes 7 years to naturalize, does that mean I'm probably good to go through him? I filed a naturalization ...
1. My great grandfather signed a document of intent to naturalize in 1917, and my grandfather was born in 1920. I've heard it takes 7 years to naturalize, does that mean I'm probably good to go through him? I filed a naturalization ...