Adoption

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
Anton1965
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 11 Feb 2022, 01:48

Adoption

Post by Anton1965 »

Does anyone know the rules for adoption and Jure Sanguinis? If my biological mother who qualifies gave me up for adoption years ago, would I still qualify? I have a non-certified birth certificate with her name on it and my certified with my adoptive parents.
JTSD20
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 52
Joined: 18 Jan 2022, 02:27

Re: Adoption

Post by JTSD20 »

Hi there, I didn't see any replies so I wanted to chime in. I forgot where I've read that it may be a problem, but definitely reach out to a lawyer or agency to be sure! I recommend Italian Citizenship Assistance and their evaluation for your eligibility is free.
Post Reply