Search found 7 matches

by SpeedDemonND
06 Nov 2022, 15:10
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Help determining parents/translation of an ancestor
Replies: 2
Views: 763

Help determining parents/translation of an ancestor

I’m trying to figure out the parents of an ancestor, and am having a little trouble.

My ancestor’s name is Angela Maria Esposito. Here is her death record from 1869 (the last entry on the page, images 293-294): https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-D4S4-F8?cc=1482813&wc=M61S-7M3%3A50425901 ...
by SpeedDemonND
29 Oct 2022, 12:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Alternate nicknames for Filippa or Teresa?
Replies: 3
Views: 928

Re: Alternate nicknames for Filippa or Teresa?

rlw254, thank you so much for the research. I was able to find the immigration record for Filippa, her two sisters, and mother coming over as well.
by SpeedDemonND
28 Oct 2022, 10:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Alternate nicknames for Filippa or Teresa?
Replies: 3
Views: 928

Alternate nicknames for Filippa or Teresa?

I am trying to find records for my great-grandparents who emigrated from Sicily. From US obituaries and census records, my great-grandmother's name is listed as Teresa/Theresa Monteleone (her husband is Michael Virzi). However, there is a NY marriage index, of which I can actually view the document ...
by SpeedDemonND
18 Oct 2022, 03:38
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: When to link to, or cite a source with mixed information
Replies: 2
Views: 20920

When to link to, or cite a source with mixed information

How do I know when to link an Ancestry.com fact to the source (or citing a source in general), when certain bits of information within that source are inaccurate?

For example, let’s say I have the birth record of an ancestor born on January 1, 1899 in Manhattan, NY. A 1950 Census record lists this ...
by SpeedDemonND
01 Jul 2022, 22:29
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Opinions needed on major discrepancies in records, and help getting certified/official Italian records for ancestors
Replies: 4
Views: 1062

Re: Opinions needed on major discrepancies in records, and help getting certified/official Italian records for ancestors

Angela, I can’t possibly thank you enough for the help!

I feel silly because I actually did notice that cross near Maria Filosa’s name, and didn’t think anything of it, and also completely missed it near the bottom indicating the mother’s real name, even though I have looked over the record several ...
by SpeedDemonND
27 Jun 2022, 09:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Opinions needed on major discrepancies in records, and help getting certified/official Italian records for ancestors
Replies: 4
Views: 1062

Opinions needed on major discrepancies in records, and help getting certified/official Italian records for ancestors

You can skip to the last two paragraphs for the important question I’m after if you don’t want to be bothered with this novel I’m writing (apologies, but there is a lot of info that is confusing so links and explanations are important).

After doing a great bit of searching trying to find my great ...