Hi. Some types of English birth certificate contain the following text on the back:
This certificate is issued in pursuance of the Births and Deaths Registration Act 1953. Section 34 provides that any certified copy of an entry purporting to be sealed or stamped with the seal of the General ...
Search found 14 matches
- 12 Jan 2025, 18:06
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with translating some legalese from a birth certificate
- Replies: 1
- Views: 49941
- 07 Jun 2023, 14:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Deciphering death record details
- Replies: 18
- Views: 3208
Re: Deciphering death record details
Ah, thanks for clarifying - I thought it referred to the marriage of Feliciana (hence my confusion) and had skimmed over the Marcellina. The baptismal name looks like it was "Marcellina Felicita Arcangiola".
As for pages 2-3, I can read the following:
Il suddetto atto e stato letto a' testimonj ...
As for pages 2-3, I can read the following:
Il suddetto atto e stato letto a' testimonj ...
- 07 Jun 2023, 10:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Deciphering death record details
- Replies: 18
- Views: 3208
Re: Deciphering death record details
Processetti
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua574735/w6NGzJa
Image number 100 is an extract of the baptism for Felicia Arcangela Granieri ( https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua574735/5vamJPy ). It states "Felicita Arcangiola Granieri dia nata ... ventotto 28. Settembre ...
- 05 Jun 2023, 18:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: RE: PARISH MARRIAGE RECORD LAPIO AVELLINO 1803
- Replies: 2
- Views: 648
Re: RE: PARISH MARRIAGE RECORD LAPIO AVELLINO 1803
I cannot help much, but it is clear that this record is in Latin. The bit you are looking for seems to be the middle section, beginning (I think) with the 9th line down (but possibly 5th). From what I can see the record relates to a Giovanni? and a Rosa di ...o (Martino?). I can see the words "et ...
- 27 Apr 2023, 15:11
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: The meaning of "suocero"
- Replies: 5
- Views: 956
Re: The meaning of "suocero"
Thanks everyone. It looks like a clerical error then. Antonio Marottoli married Rosantonia di Leo, daughter of Francesco di Leo and Angela Maria Volpe, in Buccino in 1844 [images 97 to 100 on Antenati].
- 26 Apr 2023, 20:53
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: The meaning of "suocero"
- Replies: 5
- Views: 956
The meaning of "suocero"
I have found the atti di morte of Francesco Di Leo, who died in Buccino (SA) in 1869 (Antenati, images 14-15: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua244550/58XpJZW?lang=en ). One of the informants was a man I know to be his son-in-law, Antonio Marottoli (he was married to Di Leo's daughter ...
- 27 Mar 2023, 21:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anna Maria Brancato and Anna Maria Colucci from Satriana di Luciana - different names or different women?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1264
Re: Anna Maria Brancato and Anna Maria Colucci from Satriana di Luciana - different names or different women?
The fact that you (and me, either) couldn't find anna Maria's baptism and marriage makes me think she was born elsewhere, though her death record says she was born in Pietrafesa. At that time an "official" name did not exist, and for women it was even less important. So, maybe she also went by her ...
- 31 Jan 2023, 14:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4229
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Thanks everyone for your comments. We emailed both comunes yesterday morning to ask what their fees are and what their postage arrangements are - so far, we've not had a response and, given the previous lack of communication from one of them, I don't expect we will get any answers.
The suggestion ...
The suggestion ...
- 29 Jan 2023, 18:22
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4229
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Okay, thank you Pippo. Do you think it will be sufficient for me to supply a pre-addressed envelope and euros to cover international postage?
Regarding the integrale copy, my consulate (London) needs an “estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita completo” - should that include annotations? Will ...
Regarding the integrale copy, my consulate (London) needs an “estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita completo” - should that include annotations? Will ...
- 29 Jan 2023, 16:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4229
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Thank you - I will email them in advance to ask
- 29 Jan 2023, 15:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4229
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Many thanks for your help! I have now adapted those templates and intend to send the letters later this week. I will also request a copia integrale of the death record (in addition to the 3 estratto) because we are trying to find more information about his second marriage.
Do you know approximately ...
Do you know approximately ...
- 28 Jan 2023, 18:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4229
Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
I am in the UK and I am helping my partner apply for Italian citizenship. Her grandfather was born in Buccino, Salerno, in 1931; he came to England, married an English woman, but later moved back to Italy. He died in Cava dei Terreni in 2014. We know exact dates of birth and death, and the names of ...
- 05 Jan 2023, 14:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anna Maria Brancato and Anna Maria Colucci from Satriana di Luciana - different names or different women?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1264
Re: Anna Maria Brancato and Anna Maria Colucci from Satriana di Luciana - different names or different women?
The following is evidence for the information discussed in my original post.
Francisco Faraone and Anna Maria Brancato had at least three daughters who were baptised in Pietrafesa (modern name: Satriano di Luciana), Potenza:
1. Rosaria Angela Rosa, bapt. 7 August 1798, daughter of "Francisco ...
Francisco Faraone and Anna Maria Brancato had at least three daughters who were baptised in Pietrafesa (modern name: Satriano di Luciana), Potenza:
1. Rosaria Angela Rosa, bapt. 7 August 1798, daughter of "Francisco ...
- 05 Jan 2023, 14:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Anna Maria Brancato and Anna Maria Colucci from Satriana di Luciana - different names or different women?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1264
Anna Maria Brancato and Anna Maria Colucci from Satriana di Luciana - different names or different women?
Hi, this is my first post so apologies if I've misformatted anything! I am hoping for some advice. I believe someone in my family tree was referred to by different surnames, but I am struggling to prove it.
An ancestor, Rosaria Faraone, married in Pietrafesa (now called Satriano di Luciano, Potenza ...
An ancestor, Rosaria Faraone, married in Pietrafesa (now called Satriano di Luciano, Potenza ...