Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
I am in the UK and I am helping my partner apply for Italian citizenship. Her grandfather was born in Buccino, Salerno, in 1931; he came to England, married an English woman, but later moved back to Italy. He died in Cava dei Terreni in 2014. We know exact dates of birth and death, and the names of his parents. We have all of the English certificates, but need to acquire his birth and death records from Italy.
Can anybody tell me how I do this. The Italian Consulate says we need an “estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita completo” for my partner's grandfather. We also need an “estratto per riassunto dell’atto di morte completo”. We know we need to contact the comunes. We are looking to gather 3 copies, as she has two siblings who want to go through this process as well.
Is there a form I need to fill in? Is there a fee? Should I send scans of her certificates to prove she is a descendent? How should I format a request - is there a form? Will they post it if I send a pre-paid envelope?
We tried to contact Buccino to ask all this, but never got a response; I do not know who to contact in Cava. Any help here would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Can anybody tell me how I do this. The Italian Consulate says we need an “estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita completo” for my partner's grandfather. We also need an “estratto per riassunto dell’atto di morte completo”. We know we need to contact the comunes. We are looking to gather 3 copies, as she has two siblings who want to go through this process as well.
Is there a form I need to fill in? Is there a fee? Should I send scans of her certificates to prove she is a descendent? How should I format a request - is there a form? Will they post it if I send a pre-paid envelope?
We tried to contact Buccino to ask all this, but never got a response; I do not know who to contact in Cava. Any help here would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Ufficio Stato Civile del Comune di Buccino
Piazza Del Municipio, 1 - 84021 Buccino (SA)
email: anagrafe@comune.buccino.sa.it
Fax: 0828 751251
Il sottoscritto YOUR NAME, anche a nome dei suoi fratelli SIBLING1'S NAME e SIBLING2'S NAME, allo scopo di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana jure sanguinis, richiede n.3 copie dell'estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita completo del proprio nonno GRANDFATHER'S NAME, figlio di GGF'S NAME e di GGM'S NAME, nato a Buccino il BIRTH DATE (dd.mm.1931).
Si allega fotocopia di un documento d'identità (Your Passport? IC?)
Con osservanza
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
Document Attached
_______________________________________
Servizio Anagrafe-Stato Civile del Comune di Cava de Tirreni
All'attenzione di Isabella SIANI P.O. tel. 089682130
isabella.siani@comune.cavadetirreni.sa.it
Il sottoscritto YOUR NAME, anche a nome dei suoi fratelli SIBLING1'S NAME e SIBLING2'S NAME, allo scopo di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana jure sanguinis, richiede n.3 copie dell'estratto per riassunto dell’atto di morte completo del proprio nonno GRANDFATHER'S NAME, figlio di GGF'S NAME e di GGM'S NAME, nato a Buccino il BIRTH DATE (dd.mm.1931) e deceduto a Cava de Tirreni il DEATH DATE (dd.mm.2014).
Si allega fotocopia di un documento d'identità (Your Passport? IC?)
Con osservanza
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
Document Attached
Piazza Del Municipio, 1 - 84021 Buccino (SA)
email: anagrafe@comune.buccino.sa.it
Fax: 0828 751251
Il sottoscritto YOUR NAME, anche a nome dei suoi fratelli SIBLING1'S NAME e SIBLING2'S NAME, allo scopo di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana jure sanguinis, richiede n.3 copie dell'estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita completo del proprio nonno GRANDFATHER'S NAME, figlio di GGF'S NAME e di GGM'S NAME, nato a Buccino il BIRTH DATE (dd.mm.1931).
Si allega fotocopia di un documento d'identità (Your Passport? IC?)
Con osservanza
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
Document Attached
_______________________________________
Servizio Anagrafe-Stato Civile del Comune di Cava de Tirreni
All'attenzione di Isabella SIANI P.O. tel. 089682130
isabella.siani@comune.cavadetirreni.sa.it
Il sottoscritto YOUR NAME, anche a nome dei suoi fratelli SIBLING1'S NAME e SIBLING2'S NAME, allo scopo di ottenere la cittadinanza italiana jure sanguinis, richiede n.3 copie dell'estratto per riassunto dell’atto di morte completo del proprio nonno GRANDFATHER'S NAME, figlio di GGF'S NAME e di GGM'S NAME, nato a Buccino il BIRTH DATE (dd.mm.1931) e deceduto a Cava de Tirreni il DEATH DATE (dd.mm.2014).
Si allega fotocopia di un documento d'identità (Your Passport? IC?)
Con osservanza
YOUR NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
Document Attached
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Many thanks for your help! I have now adapted those templates and intend to send the letters later this week. I will also request a copia integrale of the death record (in addition to the 3 estratto) because we are trying to find more information about his second marriage.
Do you know approximately what the fees/taxes might be for a certificate? I intend to send money for international postage, so I want to make sure I send enough.
Do you know approximately what the fees/taxes might be for a certificate? I intend to send money for international postage, so I want to make sure I send enough.
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Regarding expenses, wait for the response of the Office of the Municipality.jlb59 wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 15:24 ...
Do you know approximately what the fees/taxes might be for a certificate? I intend to send money for international postage, so I want to make sure I send enough.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Thank you - I will email them in advance to ask
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
The issue of certificates is usually free of fees, but there might be some problem for having it sent.
According to a recent law, they might not be willing to give you a "copia integrale".
However, as you might need an "estratto di nascita con annotazioni" (depending on the consulate), the "annotazioni" MIGHT regard his second marriage, too.
According to a recent law, they might not be willing to give you a "copia integrale".
However, as you might need an "estratto di nascita con annotazioni" (depending on the consulate), the "annotazioni" MIGHT regard his second marriage, too.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Okay, thank you Pippo. Do you think it will be sufficient for me to supply a pre-addressed envelope and euros to cover international postage?
Regarding the integrale copy, my consulate (London) needs an “estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita completo” - should that include annotations? Will it hurt to ask for an integrale as well?
Regarding the integrale copy, my consulate (London) needs an “estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita completo” - should that include annotations? Will it hurt to ask for an integrale as well?
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
Slava Ukraine! 
תחי ישראל
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Please, see §1
https://conslondra.esteri.it/it/servizi ... -italiana/
As to the shipping, the Town Offices will tell you.
Some request a pre-stamped envelop, others a payment, others ship it for free.
https://conslondra.esteri.it/it/servizi ... -italiana/
As to the shipping, the Town Offices will tell you.
Some request a pre-stamped envelop, others a payment, others ship it for free.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Consider the services of someone like Francesco Curione. He has a lot of experience dealing with anagrafe all over Italy. In my experience, I had the pdf of the certificate emailed to me in 2 days and the actual paper certificate was delivered via DHL a few weeks later. I thought it was worth the money.jlb59 wrote: 29 Jan 2023, 18:22 Okay, thank you Pippo. Do you think it will be sufficient for me to supply a pre-addressed envelope and euros to cover international postage?
Regarding the integrale copy, my consulate (London) needs an “estratto per riassunto dell’atto di nascita completo” - should that include annotations? Will it hurt to ask for an integrale as well?
Re: Advice on obtaining certificates for citizenship
Thanks everyone for your comments. We emailed both comunes yesterday morning to ask what their fees are and what their postage arrangements are - so far, we've not had a response and, given the previous lack of communication from one of them, I don't expect we will get any answers.
The suggestion of Francesco Curione is helpful. We've reached out for a quote and hopefully we will hear back from him soon. If I were confident we could get a response to our letters, then I would prefer to do it ourselves, as it would be a lot cheaper (basically just postage); but if we need to start making international phone calls, finding people who can speak fluent Italian and potentially even have to visit the comune if this doesn't work, then it may be worth the extra upfront cost to get this bit done with support from someone on the ground. We'll see what he quotes and use that to make a decision.
The suggestion of Francesco Curione is helpful. We've reached out for a quote and hopefully we will hear back from him soon. If I were confident we could get a response to our letters, then I would prefer to do it ourselves, as it would be a lot cheaper (basically just postage); but if we need to start making international phone calls, finding people who can speak fluent Italian and potentially even have to visit the comune if this doesn't work, then it may be worth the extra upfront cost to get this bit done with support from someone on the ground. We'll see what he quotes and use that to make a decision.


