Gambardella

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
jpapad
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 12:24

Re: Gambardella

Post by jpapad »

Quick follow up. Found National Archive papers. Yet another name: Galmbaradella!!!
JPapad
User avatar
Woodworm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 16:20

Re: Gambardella

Post by Woodworm »

Thanks again for that additional info.
S.G. had a daughter Julia who was also an artist. On the census her nationality was Italian.
On all the papers I have, he considered himself as neopolitan. He escaped from Italy on a US warship.
I don't know if you have seen the picture of S.G. and son D S-G I have attached from the National Portrait Gallery
His son was married 3 times and the father's name was always stated as Dion Smith Gambardella - artist - which is a bit mysterious - perhaps victorian etiquette?
User avatar
Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 43
Joined: 30 Dec 2008, 12:38
Location: Torquay, Devon

Re: Gambardella

Post by Veronesi-Guardini »

Its funny you should mention Naples as his last place of sighting

I am currently looking into a family tree for a friend of mine (surname Brandi)

Her great-grandmother was a Gambardella, and her family were all from around Naples and Amalfi

Perhaps there was a family connection that brought him there?
Post Reply