LaGuardia, Italy

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
User avatar
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 19:51

Re: LaGuardia, Italy

Post by Normandie »

Now that I have information of town and province, what would be my next step in seeing if the Cornettas, Guiseppe and Emanuella really came from there? I have a birth date on their death certificate and some information from the census. I wish I could find Naturalization papers on them. I have looked at Italian Genealogy Gorup site for Naturalization and Petitions. I have looked thru Ancestry but nothing comes up on them. I would think that if I could find these papers i would have more information on were they came. if anyone has any suggestions or think I should try to write town, please let me know. Several of my relatives want to know where they come from. I don't want to give an answer till I feel more confident about the place. Thanks. N.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: LaGuardia, Italy

Post by vj »

Normandie
It appears that you have enough information to write to the comune:
Valarie

Italian form letter generator with instructions:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

Address:

Comune di Altavilla Silentina
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Piazza Umberto I 19
84045 Altavilla Silentina SA
ITALY

http://www.tuttitalia.it/campania/28-al ... silentina/
---

Website for finding comune addresses:
http://www.nonsolocap.it/
User avatar
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 19:51

Re: LaGuardia, Italy

Post by Normandie »

Valarie Thanks so much. I will go to web sites and try to put letter together. I know you have to send money. Guess site will say how to do that. Do you have any other suggestions on finding Naturalization papers, Intentions to be Citizen or Petitions? I still think those could help on many other relatives I am looking for. Thanks. N.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: LaGuardia, Italy

Post by vj »

Hey
Normandie

No need to send money to the comune unless it is requested

And, here are two sites that list naturalization databases by state
http://home.att.net/~wee-monster/naturalization.html
http://www.sampubco.com/nats/index.htm

Valarie
User avatar
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 19:51

Re: LaGuardia, Italy

Post by Normandie »

Valarie Thanks for comune information on fees and for naturalization sites. I will work on letter. I guess need to do one for each person. N.
User avatar
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 19:51

Re: LaGuardia, Italy

Post by Normandie »

I did two letters on my Great Grandfather. One for birth certificate and one for marriage certificate. I put in same envelope with return envelope addressed to me. I hope this ok. As don't know if he married in town and born or just one of them. I hope this makes sense. I did press translate. N
User avatar
Normandie
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Jun 2009, 19:51

Re: LaGuardia, Italy

Post by Normandie »

As I had wrote in my previous message I sent letter to Italy on my Great Grandfather. I sent it On October 22, 2009. I sent it registered mail, return receipt. I thought I would have return receipt back by now. I just wondered if any one else did a letter this way and how long it took to get back a signed receipt or hear from town. I am beginning to think I shouldn't have done the return receipt but post office person told me it would be good idea. Thanks for any feedback. N.
Post Reply