Andreaccio family
Andreaccio family
I am trying to track down my wife's family when they arrived in the US. According, to the census they immegrated in 1898. But, I can not find them in the Ellis Island data base. I know there are mis-spellings but now where can I can anything close. Can anyone tell me if Andreaccio is a common name or from a particluar location in Italy. I tried the other forums and they provided some help but now I am lost on where to go from here.
Re: Andreaccio family
That name does not exist in Italy today, but Andreacchio and Andreacci do.
http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html
There are are a number of possibilities in Ellis Island records, but you did not give us a first name or any other info (where in US they settled) to help pin down a particular family.
The name is pretty rare, so it should be easier to track if you give us some further clues.
http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html
There are are a number of possibilities in Ellis Island records, but you did not give us a first name or any other info (where in US they settled) to help pin down a particular family.
The name is pretty rare, so it should be easier to track if you give us some further clues.
Re: Andreaccio family
I am sorry about not giving more information. The Andreaccio 's are listed in the cenus living in Jersey City, NJ. The father's name is Tony and the mother name is Sade. I think they are American names. They have a daughter Margaret and son Dannie who were born in Italy. The next daughter is mary born in NY and my wifes grandfather James born in NJ.
If you need additional information please let me know.
If you need additional information please let me know.
Re: Andreaccio family
Hi mjmisbris wrote:That name does not exist in Italy today, but Andreacchio and Andreacci do.
http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html
There are are a number of possibilities in Ellis Island records, but you did not give us a first name or any other info (where in US they settled) to help pin down a particular family.
The name is pretty rare, so it should be easier to track if you give us some further clues.
There is a bit more on this earlier post
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... 14279.html

