COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
pjdoitnow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 24 Jul 2006, 00:00
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Post by pjdoitnow »

Nuccia,

Yes, i appreciate the link back to the record. Getting the USCIS documents is proving to be difficult, they are so far behind! This helps though, and while i am there i will get my great grandparents documents, so that might be a help.

I appreciate all the assistance you have given me. Perhaps we will see each other in Italy some day :)

Pamela
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Post by nuccia »

I appreciate all the assistance you have given me. Perhaps we will see each other in Italy some dayI appreciate all the assistance you have given me. Perhaps we will see each other in Italy some day

Pamela,

You're Welcome!

That would be nice! Have fun in Italy and let us know how you make out, ok?
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
fargone
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 11:17
Location: Salerno
Contact:

Re: COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Post by fargone »

hy pjdoitno,
I have information about Francesco Maria Commito (1593). His father was Cesare married with Arnesina Calcagno. I hope you'll should need.
Bye, Gabriele
User avatar
pjdoitnow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 24 Jul 2006, 00:00
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Post by pjdoitnow »

Ciao Gabriele & Nuccia,

I am back from Raiano, it was a wonderful trip. ten days of looking at homes to buy adn deciding that a tiny little place in the Centro Storico would be my choice. It has a wonderful view from the balcony of mountains and even a little snow when I was there.

I am not sure about Francesco Maria Commito... is that from Raiano or a close by city (Sulmona? Vittorito?) I would be interested in any other informaiton you might have. I have a profile on Ancestry.com with all the information I have found so far. If you have information to share i would appreciate it.

Today I received the USCIS document showing "no naturalization" so one more letter from them certifying htis and then the final translations...

My appointment wiht the LA consulate is February 2nd. My brother Angelo will go with me and apply too.

Thank you for your help,

Pamela
User avatar
pjdoitnow
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: 24 Jul 2006, 00:00
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Post by pjdoitnow »

Ciao Nuccia,

I just thought I would drop you a note, a follow up so you can see how your help has influenced my life!

I was able to find family, family I didn't even know I had, in Raiano. We have since bought a house in 2010, renovated and last summer (2011) we were able to spend 8 weeks there. We plan to return again as often as possible.

In addition I have had my Italian citizenship recognized and now hold dual citizenship- USA and EU/Italy. My husband will also obtain citizenship through our marriage.

So thank you and thanks to all the wonderful people on Italian Genealogy, it was quite an adventure.

Pamela
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: COMMITO family from Raiano, L'Aquila

Post by nuccia »

Pamela I am so happy for you! Congratulations!!! And I really appreciate you coming back and letting me - us- know how things panned out. Please continue to post and let me know how things are going.

Perhaps one day I will be able to visit you in Italy. My husband's family is from a small town in L'Aquila and I have family in Rome. Oh and I would love to see pictures of your view! You can contact me http://www.calabriaexchange.com/feedback.html and I will reply with my email.

Thanks again.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
Post Reply