LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
User avatar
Rivers
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 18:33

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by Rivers »

Hello dLiberatore,
Sorry, as a Newbie, I made the mistake of re-sending someone else's post. My mother had a little update on Uncle Guy. He left Caramanico with his brother Antonio, so they were together to America and ended up in Jolliet, Ill. Nicoli (o) Farnilli sponsored them, his wife was my grandmothers aunt (the Farnilli's lived near Troy, NY but Guy and Antonio didn't stay there to work. (Maria) Luisa's (my grandmother) parents were Giovanni Liberatore and Angelantonia Del Raso. My cousin's mother, who lived in Jolliet was my grandmothers cousin.
Rivers
User avatar
dliberatore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 06:13
Contact:

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by dliberatore »

Hi Rivers,

It is so nice to hear from you. I am so excited! I thought I had reached a dead end and then I get this from you. I would love to receive any information that you have. Do you know how I can get a copy of Guy's birth certificate?

Dorene
User avatar
Rivers
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 18:33

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by Rivers »

Dear Dorene,
Your mail was a very nice surprise, thank you. I have been busy with my mother trying to find out more information about her uncles and aunts. The birth certificates I got for myself was when I was in Caramanico Terme with my cousin from Jolliet. We went to city hall and simply asked, then paid .50 dollar cents. I asked for all of the certificates of my grandmothers' brothers and sisters but they said they only had Uncle Anthonio's. I do not know whether or not that was true or that they just needed to go to lunch because it was noon time.
I would assume that if you looked up the address and wrote to them that they would send you a copy if they had one in their files. I don't know if you can write in Italian and I can't help you there but I can write down a few things on the birth certificate to guide you a bit if you'd like? I would also like to know now we are related. Surely cousins? I will have more information from my mother soon in which I can share with you. Ciao, Rivers
Gaetano's birthdate: 21 April 1895
L'ufficiale dello stato civille (city hall)
dliberatore wrote:Hi Rivers,

It is so nice to hear from you. I am so excited! I thought I had reached a dead end and then I get this from you. I would love to receive any information that you have. Do you know how I can get a copy of Guy's birth certificate?

Dorene
User avatar
Rivers
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 18:33

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by Rivers »

Dear Dorene,
Here a second mssg. www.siusa.archivi.beniculturali.it
Office of Archives in Caramanico Terme. You must ask for:
Estratto dai registri degli atti di nascita (Extract of the register of births).
Luogo di nascita (place of birth)
Data di nascita (date of birth)
Sesso del bambino (sex of child)
Cognome del bambino (surname of child)
Prenome del bambino (christian names of the child)
Cognome del padre (surname of father)
Cognome da nubile delia madre (name of the mother)
Pronome della madre (christian names of the mother)
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Dorene go to www.tuttitalia.it/abruzzo/66-caramanico-terme and scroll down to Municipio for address of UFFICIO DI STATO CIVILE (Registry Office) where you can send, free of charge, a form letter requesting the Estratto di nascita=long form containing parents names.

The form letter canbe obtained from :
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html since any requests have to be in Italian language. Wait 4-8 weeks for reply. =Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
Rivers
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 18:33

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by Rivers »

Dear Dorene,
I have just received the entire family tree, both sides starting from greatgrandparents all the way down to Gaetano's children John and Paul. If you are interested let me know. The information would be too much for this space but maybe we can try another way. If I don't hear anything I'll assume you have found another way. Anyway good luck with your search.
Rivers



dliberatore wrote:Hi Rivers,




It is so nice to hear from you. I am so excited! I thought I had reached a dead end and then I get this from you. I would love to receive any information that you have. Do you know how I can get a copy of Guy's birth certificate?

Dorene
User avatar
dliberatore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 06:13
Contact:

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by dliberatore »

Dear Rivers,

I would love to recieve the family tree that you have, both sides. How exciting. I can give you my email address or is it something that needs to be mailed? My email address is dstout92@yahoo.com
User avatar
Livio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 22:23
Contact:

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by Livio »

Interesting discussion. I have an Uncle Corfinio Liberatore. His branch originates in Montreal, ( via Halifax I presume ). He has a few brothers and family still in Abruzzi.

I am developing a tree and i have no doubt our trees will cross at some point.

My bloodline is of Corfinio , just west of Pescara, bordered by Chieti and Sulmona.

Corfinio married into the Fallavolita/Fazi family which connects to my family - Ciaralli/Clementi.

Good luck to all, and i hope our trees do merge. .
User avatar
dliberatore
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: 12 Aug 2009, 06:13
Contact:

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by dliberatore »

dear Livio,
I too would love any information that you have. I would love to have a copy of your family tree your putting together.

Dorene
User avatar
Rivers
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 18:33

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by Rivers »

Dear Livio,
If you would like to exchange some further information you could write to me at riversanna65@yahoo.com. I have a copy of the Giovani Liberatore and the Angelantonia Del Rasa family tree. Many uncles and aunts went to Canada for work, this may be the line you are referring to. The locations you mentioned in your search are all places where our families were born so it may be worth looking into to.
Rivers
User avatar
Livio
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 22:23
Contact:

Re: LOOKING FOR GAETANO LIBERATORE

Post by Livio »

Hey, great to see responses.

Here is the tree i am building. Perhaps it can help unlock some info for all of us.

http://ciaralli.tribalpages.com/tribe/b ... =908813957

Use the following to log in ...and please add if anything matches.

maschine@shaw.ca
boss1961
Post Reply