Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Looking for info on Pietrina Sigismondo who married a Stefano Crimi. Pietrina came to USA in 1907 and her adult children came to USA from abt 1903 to 1908. I believe the family came from Salemi, Sicily.
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Hello!
Are you looking for Pietrina's records from Italy?
Do you have her records from the US?
Thank you, Valarie
---
Your nearest Family History Center has records for Salemi on microfilm.
The cost is about $6 mo (rent), you’ll need to go to the center to order & view them.
Family History Library Catalog:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
film notes for Salemi
Topic: Italy, Trapani, Salemi - Civil registration
Title: Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910 Salemi (Trapani).
Ufficio dello stato civile
---
In case you aren’t familiar with the Family History Center & Italian records
FamilySearch Home Page
Includes how to find your nearest local Family History Center
A helpful essay written by Trish, one of our forum members:
Steps for Finding Microfilm at the Family History Center
---
Italian Record Research from FamilySearch guides:
Italy Research Outline
---
Also from FamilySearch (PDF format)
Italian Records Extraction - An Instructional Guide
Are you looking for Pietrina's records from Italy?
Do you have her records from the US?
Thank you, Valarie
---
Your nearest Family History Center has records for Salemi on microfilm.
The cost is about $6 mo (rent), you’ll need to go to the center to order & view them.
Family History Library Catalog:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
film notes for Salemi
Topic: Italy, Trapani, Salemi - Civil registration
Title: Registri dello stato civile, 1820-1910 Salemi (Trapani).
Ufficio dello stato civile
---
In case you aren’t familiar with the Family History Center & Italian records
FamilySearch Home Page
Includes how to find your nearest local Family History Center
A helpful essay written by Trish, one of our forum members:
Steps for Finding Microfilm at the Family History Center
---
Italian Record Research from FamilySearch guides:
Italy Research Outline
---
Also from FamilySearch (PDF format)
Italian Records Extraction - An Instructional Guide
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Valarie,
I posted, hoping a relative of Pietrina's would be able to tell me something abt her husband Stefano Crimi who I believed died before Pietrina came to USA and also she had a son (name unk) who died at age 14 in Italy and a son Giuseppe Crimi who according to obits in USA was a General in Italalian Army but only General Crimi I can find is Lt General Filippo Crimi who I think is right guy but maybe used his middle name instead of first name. Most of what I have I got from Obituaries here in USA and Ancestry.com census records, Passenger ship lists, etc. Here are her children:
Antoinetta Marie Crimi Frazita April 14, 1872 -
Angelina Crimi Abt 1873
Salvatore Crimi Abt 1880
Giovannina Crimi July 2, 1885
Francesca Crimi Abt 1889
Guiseppe Crimi Abt 1891
Unk male died at age 14 in Italy
Antoinetta was already married to Leonardo (Leo) Frazita when she came to USA.
Kevin
A
I posted, hoping a relative of Pietrina's would be able to tell me something abt her husband Stefano Crimi who I believed died before Pietrina came to USA and also she had a son (name unk) who died at age 14 in Italy and a son Giuseppe Crimi who according to obits in USA was a General in Italalian Army but only General Crimi I can find is Lt General Filippo Crimi who I think is right guy but maybe used his middle name instead of first name. Most of what I have I got from Obituaries here in USA and Ancestry.com census records, Passenger ship lists, etc. Here are her children:
Antoinetta Marie Crimi Frazita April 14, 1872 -
Angelina Crimi Abt 1873
Salvatore Crimi Abt 1880
Giovannina Crimi July 2, 1885
Francesca Crimi Abt 1889
Guiseppe Crimi Abt 1891
Unk male died at age 14 in Italy
Antoinetta was already married to Leonardo (Leo) Frazita when she came to USA.
Kevin
A
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Kevin, thank you for the update
.
I hope you make a connection!
Valarie
---
Just in case you don't already have this information
Marriage records for two daughters from Westmoreland County
http://www.co.westmoreland.pa.us/westmo ... 7&q=611614
SALVINO DOMENICO
CRIMI FRANCESCA M
27437
20 Jul 1909
BRUNO TOMAINO
CRIMI GIOVANINA
25117
3 Feb 1908
I hope you make a connection!
Valarie
---
Just in case you don't already have this information
Marriage records for two daughters from Westmoreland County
http://www.co.westmoreland.pa.us/westmo ... 7&q=611614
SALVINO DOMENICO
CRIMI FRANCESCA M
27437
20 Jul 1909
BRUNO TOMAINO
CRIMI GIOVANINA
25117
3 Feb 1908
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Val,
Thx. I had the spouses names etc but no dates of marriage. Also I some how missed that website. Been all over Monessen PA on web but didn't come across that website. Salvatore got married there also & I have a date but will look there anyway. Thanks again
Kevin
Thx. I had the spouses names etc but no dates of marriage. Also I some how missed that website. Been all over Monessen PA on web but didn't come across that website. Salvatore got married there also & I have a date but will look there anyway. Thanks again
Kevin
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Kevin, you're very welcome.
Since so many communities are now 'going online', I try to remember to do a google search for the county and 'record' etc.
It's always a wonderful surprise to find local indexes and records online!
Valarie
Since so many communities are now 'going online', I try to remember to do a google search for the county and 'record' etc.
It's always a wonderful surprise to find local indexes and records online!
Valarie
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Every date, name and bit of info helps. I've had good luck getting that kind of info from www.findagrave.com which is up to 40 Mil burials and adds abt 1 Mil every month and a half (I've entered abt 1000 names) also for anyone having lived in NY State; I go to www.fultonhistory.com which has abt 12 Mil old newspaper pages (free). Thats where I found obits etc on some of the Crimi women and spouses. Sometimes there is also info from out of state that the local papers picked up from out of state newspapers (Telegraph)
Kevin
Kevin
- italyproperty
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 09:31
- Contact:
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
I am currently working in Salemi, Sicily. If you wish i could request the locals to findout some information about your relatives ?
Re: Sigismondo-Salemi, Sicily
Any help I can get is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to establish/confirm that Lt. General Filippo Crimi born Jan 29, 1891 was Giuseppi Crimi thhe son of Stefano & Pietrina Sigismondo. I'm guessing that the General 's middle name was Filippo and he used that. He was in Italian Army from 1909-1956 The General according to his bio was born in Salemi.
I'm also trying to confirm Pietrina's maiden name as being Sigismondo.
Stefano & Pietrina's other children are Antoinette, Salvatore, Francesca, Giovanina, Angeline plus a son who died at age 14. All born in Italy.
I'm getting alot of my info from records in USA and am aware that obits, census records etc contain errors and that people didn't always go by their first names. Again; any help you can give will help.
Kevin
I'm also trying to confirm Pietrina's maiden name as being Sigismondo.
Stefano & Pietrina's other children are Antoinette, Salvatore, Francesca, Giovanina, Angeline plus a son who died at age 14. All born in Italy.
I'm getting alot of my info from records in USA and am aware that obits, census records etc contain errors and that people didn't always go by their first names. Again; any help you can give will help.
Kevin
