Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by PeterTimber »

Police name checks will be interesting to know..I bet there are more "aka" than we know. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by PeterTimber »

By the way Ms Wildspirit I just added a website titled List of Mobsters by City which I got off Wilipedia and it lists not only cities inthe USA but for the entire world!!!!!! and covers lists of Italian American,Irish Americans,Jewish Americans and a list of British mobsters!!!! .

Go to Google.com and in the title put in LIST OF MOBSTERS BY CITY and first listing is the 23 page Wikipedia site I just mentioned above. It may be helpful. =Peter=(HE WHO SPEAKS TO THE WIND)
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by wldspirit »

I saw that earlier Peter......already checked it out for some of the names I have come across in researching my GF.....he associated with some pretty heavy hitters...... 8O
kinda of shocking to say the least!!!

I think I am going to follow your advice to our poster and run Gramps name thru the PD...... :wink:

wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Albuqerque, New Mexico USA

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by mgonzales »

OK...I found the evidence I have been looking for thanks to ancestry.com...they had a naturilization record showing my great grand parents and my grand family...now my next question is how do I get there birth certificates? My great grandma rosina Pecoraro was born in Prizzi Palermo, and my great grandfather is born in Burgio Sicili....Any suggestions.....Thanks as always
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.nonsolocap.it for Prizzi and Burgio, click Cerca and then clickon Prizzi for the www.tuttitalia..........websiteand up comes website about town.scroll down to MUNICVIPIO for address of Ufficio di Stato Civile toobtain birth records (estratto di nascita=long form with more info)

Send form letter in Italian from the website;
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

Itg free of charge. =Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
lsartoris3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 05 Feb 2010, 10:31

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by lsartoris3 »

hi my name is larry sartoris sebastian (buster) was mt grandfather
User avatar
mgonzales
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 30
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 00:00
Location: Albuqerque, New Mexico USA

Re: Can you help me find my Martinelli's ?

Post by mgonzales »

lsartoris3 wrote:hi my name is larry sartoris sebastian (buster) was mt grandfather
How awesome...He was my great uncle...Do you by chance know the where abouts of great grandpa and grandma? I can provide some info if you would like...my email is mgonzal2@yahoo.com My mom is Helena Jean Genovas daughter
Post Reply