Having trouble scanning so I will just ask this ? for now. I have something from the marriage registry for my great grandparents.
It lists him - Facciotti, Angelo Luigi then where he was born and how old he was.
Then it lists the wife- Facciotti, Regina Santa and the same info. Does this mean she had the same last name as him BEFORE they got married? I was looking for her maiden name.
Thanks.
Linda
Help with info received
Help with info received
Linda Ann Thompson
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Help with info received
Italian women never take on their husband's surname - the name a woman is born with is her legal name for life.
So, yes, it seems as though your great-grandparents both started life with the same surname. More common than you might think, especially in smaller comuni.
So, yes, it seems as though your great-grandparents both started life with the same surname. More common than you might think, especially in smaller comuni.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
