Here's what I know so far...
Francesco Mignone had a son, Gerard Mignone in 1898. Gerard left from Morra Irpina Italy on the Conte Rosso ship on Sept. 9, 1922 and arrived in N.Y.
Gerard son, Rudoph Mignone is my father.
Looking for the Italian roots.
if you can add to this tree please let me know.
Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
This should enable you to request birth,marriage and death records free of charge from Morra De Sanctis. Send request to Municipio address at
www.tuttitalia.it/campania/97-morra-de-sanctis
There is an Altavilla Irpino and Ariana Irpino but there is no Morra Irpinathat I can locate. Sorry =Peter=
This should enable you to request birth,marriage and death records free of charge from Morra De Sanctis. Send request to Municipio address at
www.tuttitalia.it/campania/97-morra-de-sanctis
There is an Altavilla Irpino and Ariana Irpino but there is no Morra Irpinathat I can locate. Sorry =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
www.paginebianche.it
cognome: Mignone dove: AV
cognome: Mignone dove: AV
- andreafamily
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 14 Mar 2010, 17:33
Re: Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
In 1937 Morra Irpino became Morra de Sanctis in honor of author and literary critic Francesco De Sanctis.
thanks for your help so far
thanks for your help so far
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
The website I furnished can take you back as far as you want,most likely to 1809 when ciivl records were established by Napoleon in Frfench occupied parts of Italy (mercifully southern Italy). =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
[quote="andreafamily"]Here's what I know so far...
Francesco Mignone had a son, Gerard Mignone in 1898. Gerard left from Morra Irpina Italy on the Conte Rosso ship on Sept. 9, 1922 and arrived in N.Y.
Gerard son, Rudoph Mignone is my father.
Looking for the Italian roots.
Hi - It's Joyce Rescigno, daughter of Rex (Alfonso) Rescigno...I"m also looking for Rescigno relatives in Morra de Sanctis...I don't see who actually posted this from the "Mignone" family....My Grandfather, Marco Rescigno came to the USA in 1898....probably saw you at "Skippy's" wake/funeral a few weeks ago...was wondering if you have had any success as yet in your research....Thanks Joyce
Francesco Mignone had a son, Gerard Mignone in 1898. Gerard left from Morra Irpina Italy on the Conte Rosso ship on Sept. 9, 1922 and arrived in N.Y.
Gerard son, Rudoph Mignone is my father.
Looking for the Italian roots.
Hi - It's Joyce Rescigno, daughter of Rex (Alfonso) Rescigno...I"m also looking for Rescigno relatives in Morra de Sanctis...I don't see who actually posted this from the "Mignone" family....My Grandfather, Marco Rescigno came to the USA in 1898....probably saw you at "Skippy's" wake/funeral a few weeks ago...was wondering if you have had any success as yet in your research....Thanks Joyce
- CompGeekJTP
- Rookie

- Posts: 27
- Joined: 07 Aug 2009, 11:02
Re: Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
There are Mignone's in my family tree. My great-great-grandmother was Maddalena Mignone. She married Rosario (Rocco) Montemarano. Not sure if either of those names sound familiar. There is also an Antonia Mignone in my family.