Has anyone out there sent Live Scan Fingerprints to the DOJ in California?
I did and received a "reply" that said
"Based upon a fingerprint search of records contained in the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Information files, there is no information meeting dissemination criteria pursuant to California law on the above-named individual. This transaction has not been recorded by DOJ Bureau of Criminal Identification and Information; therefore, no subsequent arrest information will be provided."
What the heck does this mean? I don't know if I do not qualify for a record check or they did check and I have been cleared.
I cannot dig up a live person at the State Offices who can help me.
I don't want to go to my citizenship meeting at the consulate and find out I haven't satisfied this dual citizenship record requirement. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might have experienced this.
Dual Citizenship - California Police Clearance
Re: Dual Citizenship - California Police Clearance
Are you applying through marriage? I have not seen a requirement for fingerprints.
Re: Dual Citizenship - California Police Clearance
Yes I am applying through marriage. I have to have a "police clearance" from the State of California, as well as an FBI clearance. The criteria are posted on the web site for the San Francisco, CA Italian Consulate.
I just cannot figure out what the State sent me.
I just cannot figure out what the State sent me.

