Hi,
I have a general genealogy question. How do you find records of people who died, if they didnt have a SS number, or if they died between censuses. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
NM
Help Finding Records
Re: Help Finding Records
Hi NM,
If you give us some more specifics we could probably help out more. It's hard to answer general questions because each place and time period has different resources available.
Maybe you could re-post with a name / date / place - or as much as you know- and we'll see if we can help?
Aliza
If you give us some more specifics we could probably help out more. It's hard to answer general questions because each place and time period has different resources available.
Maybe you could re-post with a name / date / place - or as much as you know- and we'll see if we can help?
Aliza
Re: Help Finding Records
Well I am trying to find various relatives from around the early part of the twentieth century. They were listed in one census but not the next, or the last record of them was the 1930 Census, but I have no death record because they didnt have a social security number.
For example: Filomena Totero born in Italy about 1866, married in 1885, had several children, immigrated to america, but the last know record of her was the 1910 Census, by the 1920 census her husband was married to someone else. How do I know or find out exactly when she died.
Thanks,
NM
For example: Filomena Totero born in Italy about 1866, married in 1885, had several children, immigrated to america, but the last know record of her was the 1910 Census, by the 1920 census her husband was married to someone else. How do I know or find out exactly when she died.
Thanks,
NM
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Help Finding Records
Some states make this pretty painless, even to the point of having online index searches which will at least give you the date of death.
So, what states are we most likely talking about?
So, what states are we most likely talking about?
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Re: Help Finding Records
Wisconsin, mainly.
- johnnyonthespot
- Master

- Posts: 5228
- Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Help Finding Records
You might have some luck here http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/genealogy/ or here http://www.deathindexes.com/wisconsin/index.html
Worst case: http://dhs.wisconsin.gov/vitalrecords/death.htm#D1
Worst case: http://dhs.wisconsin.gov/vitalrecords/death.htm#D1
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!

