Is anyone familiar with the frazione of Tasso, Liguria region of Genova? I'm posting photos of the cemetery there on Find-a-Grave and would like to know the actual name of the cemetery. Note on back of my photo says "Rapallo Cemetery" but it's no where near Rapallo. I took the photo myself in 2004. Please email me at DonnaSF47@comcast.net
Thank you!
Tasso, Liguria Region - cemetery
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Tasso, Liguria Region - cemetery
Go to www.tuttitalia.it/liguria/54-lumarzo
The frazione Tasso is located within the comune of Lumarzo. =Peter=
The frazione Tasso is located within the comune of Lumarzo. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Tasso, Liguria Region - cemetery
Thank you for the reply Peter. I've been to Tasso - very nice little ancestral village. Somehow I didn't make good notes about the actual name of the cemetery, just noting "Rapallo Cemetery" on the back of the front gate photo. I went to no cemetery other than that one so I know it was not taken in Rapallo. I was just hoping someone on this site lives near Tasso or knows it well enough to know the official name of the cemetery. At this point I've entered the name of the cemetery onto Find-a-Grave as "Tasso." Can't believe I traveled that far and didn't get that detail 
Re: Tasso, Liguria Region - cemetery
Hi Donna,
I live in the area and I have been in Tasso only once... but I know that Tasso is a Fraction of the Comune/town of Lumarzo - Genoa Province...
Laura
I live in the area and I have been in Tasso only once... but I know that Tasso is a Fraction of the Comune/town of Lumarzo - Genoa Province...
Laura
Re: Tasso, Liguria Region - cemetery
Thank you for the reply Laura. Do you happen to know the proper name for the cemetery in Tasso? Also do you know anyone in the area (or yourself) who does research and could do a little for me at the church there or at the office in Lumarzo? I will gladly pay for the work. When I was there in 2004 the priest at the Tasso church was very rude and would not even speak to us (I speak no Italian but had an Italian friend with me so there was no language barrier) and in the Comune di Lumarzo office I found no record of my family, yet someone I met online did find one record a few years later. I have exact birthdates for both of my gggrandparents, both allegedly born in Tasso but I can find no connection to any of the GENTOSOs buried or living there. I also met 3 very nice GENTOSO families on my trip - 1 in Genoa, 2 in Tasso but the language barrier makes it too difficult to communicate. Thank you!
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Tasso, Liguria Region - cemetery
I will venture to advise you to contact a Genova city sponsorship group for Genova and Liguria and ask them for their assistance by e-mail at GENOVAFORUM@YAHOO.IT
The moderator of their forum is Roberta Marinin. =Peter=
The moderator of their forum is Roberta Marinin. =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Tasso, Liguria Region - cemetery
Thanks so much Peter, I'll try that.
