TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Does anyone have an email for this comune?

Alicia
User avatar
maestra36
Master
Master
Posts: 3422
Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by maestra36 »

don't see any email address on their official website

http://www.comune.sessacilento.sa.it/

http://www.comuni-italiani.it/065/141/
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by DeFilippis78 »

I found one on another site but it doesnt work. Oh well, I guess Ill have to write. Thanks anyway!

Alicia
User avatar
dellagreca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 02:33

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by dellagreca »

DeFilippis78 wrote:I found one on another site but it doesnt work. Oh well, I guess Ill have to write. Thanks anyway!

Alicia
Alicia,
I don't believe they have one. I have never seen one. There are some people that have e-mails, but they are private. Which last name are you looking for? I may be able to help.
Neil
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Im not positive I have family from this town. Its believed they are from Stella Cilento. But Im checking the surrounding towns close to it also. Im looking for the last name Zammarelli. I was going to contact the comune for a birth certificate to see if there is a link there

Alicia
User avatar
dellagreca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 02:33

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by dellagreca »

DeFilippis78 wrote:Im not positive I have family from this town. Its believed they are from Stella Cilento. But Im checking the surrounding towns close to it also. Im looking for the last name Zammarelli. I was going to contact the comune for a birth certificate to see if there is a link there

Alicia
I do not remember any Zammarelli in Sessa and there is none today (based on white pages). There are currently two families with a listed phone number in Stella, Matteo and Raimondo. There are also some in a couple of nearby towns (Pollica, San Mauro, Acciaroli) and it is conceavable that they come from the same family. I remember the name, but I am not sure who the family is any more. My suggestion is to start in Stella. If you can use Italian, try give the people a call. I can furnish phone numbers.
Good Luck
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Thanks so much for letting me know. I guess Ill have to keep pressing Stella to answer me :)

Alicia
User avatar
sforza
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Nov 2007, 23:19

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by sforza »

dellagreca wrote:Michelle,

My name is Neil Della Greca. I was born in Sessa Cilento, but live here, in US, for 50 years. The Vitale and Bonadies are from San Mango Cilento. San Mango Cilento is a town less than a mile from Sessa Cilento and is part of the Sessa Cilento Township. I remember both the Vitale and the Bonadies families. One of the Bonadies was mayor of Sessa Cilento for about 8 years. I don't know who is there these days and truthfully, you may know more than me, if you went there in the interim. Please let me know if I can help

Regards

Neil
Neil,
I just saw this! How exciting! I did make it to Italy and to several of the small villages of both my mom and dad's people, but not to Sessa. It remains on my list for next time, though.... I am now pursuing dual citizenship through Pasquale Vitale, so will be writing the commune for their information. I did successfully write the comune a couple of years ago for their birth abstracts, and was obliged immediately, although abstracts really don't have much info. I did pull up the pagine bianchi and saw several Vitale's and Bonadies' in Sessa. Do you recall the given names of any of the Vitale's and Bonadies? Thanks so much for writing, Michelle
User avatar
dellagreca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 02:33

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by dellagreca »

sforza wrote:
dellagreca wrote:Michelle,

My name is Neil Della Greca. I was born in Sessa Cilento, but live here, in US, for 50 years. The Vitale and Bonadies are from San Mango Cilento. San Mango Cilento is a town less than a mile from Sessa Cilento and is part of the Sessa Cilento Township. I remember both the Vitale and the Bonadies families. One of the Bonadies was mayor of Sessa Cilento for about 8 years. I don't know who is there these days and truthfully, you may know more than me, if you went there in the interim. Please let me know if I can help

Regards

Neil
Neil,
I just saw this! How exciting! I did make it to Italy and to several of the small villages of both my mom and dad's people, but not to Sessa. It remains on my list for next time, though.... I am now pursuing dual citizenship through Pasquale Vitale, so will be writing the commune for their information. I did successfully write the comune a couple of years ago for their birth abstracts, and was obliged immediately, although abstracts really don't have much info. I did pull up the pagine bianchi and saw several Vitale's and Bonadies' in Sessa. Do you recall the given names of any of the Vitale's and Bonadies? Thanks so much for writing, Michelle

Michelle,
I am sorry, but off hand I can't remember any names. It has been a long time and la vecchiaia (the old age) is settling in. Of the Vitale I know one lady from San Mango who married someone from Sessa. I know that her husband passed away, but to the best of my knowledge, she is still alive. Of the Bonadies, I remember two brothers. One, as I mentioned earlier, was Sessa’s Mayor while I was still there. The other brother, spent some time in Venezuela, but I believe he returned. I don’t know if either is alive, but give me some time and I will give you a better story.
Regards
Neil
User avatar
rongrant
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Dec 2007, 21:40
Location: South Jersey

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by rongrant »

neil della greca

I would like to send (email) you a document. It's my great Grandmothers Birth Certificate, born Elia, Mariantonia on February 3rd 1891 in Sessa Cilento To; Angello Elia and Carolina (Possibly) Greca.

I have all the information on My GGM and Her husband Salvatore Esposito who was from Rutino...

On the Birth Certificate it is hard to read her mothers maiden name but the translator says it looks like Greca, just curious

Send me you email and I will send
User avatar
dellagreca
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 17 Dec 2009, 02:33

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by dellagreca »

Ron (is that your name?),
I know a couple of Elia families in Sessa. Some I am actually related to through marriages. I am not sure whether they come from the same root, however, although it is possible a couple of generations earlier than I recall or know. I will be happy to look at the certificate and see if I can interpret it. There are several Grecas in the township and outside the township. Some are La Greca, some are Della Greca. To my knowledge, there is no Greca by itself. I am actually a La Greca. Long story, but somehow my father wound up with a Della Greca and so that is my last name. If you want to write to me, my e-mail is adellagreca@yahoo.com.
Feel free to write whenever you want.

Neil
adellagreca
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 84
Joined: 26 Jun 2016, 21:00

Re: TERRAZZANO & MONZO in SESSA CILENTO (SALERNO)

Post by adellagreca »

Frank,

This is a long shot that after 6 or 7 years you might still have the same e-mail or visit italian genealogy, but here it is. I corresponded with a John Monzo many years ago and in 2009 I saw the insertion he made for his research of Terrazzano-Monzo family and wrote to him. When I did not get an answer,knowing how long he had tried to put together a genealogy tree) I googled his name and found an obit. He may have died a few months before I tried to contact him. Please drop me a note if you see this.

Neil
Post Reply