no answer yet,should i send them an email , insist on it or go somewhere else ? i just gave them the year of birth but not the exact date.
if anyone is going through the same


I got a good response from Salerno archives but was never able to get the certificate. They wanted an international postal gram and Italian stamps mailed with my request for the document to be mailed back to me. I never figured out how to get that gram or where to get Italian stamps from.johnnyonthespot wrote:I agree completely in regards to comuni; I have had extremely rapid responses to several requests made to my maternal grandparents comune but zero responses from letters and emails sent to my paternal grandparents comune.
On the other hand, the state archives usually seem to be much more consistent and timely. alita, where did you mail the request? Was it in italian?




liviomoreno wrote:You may send all the money in Italian stamps, You can get them from http://www.gentedimareitaliangenealogy.com/stamps/