defelice
Re: defelice
hi and thank you for the info. do you have any idea where your relatives lived in the usa?? my entire defelice family lived in new jersey since 1905. perhaps were related. thanks, tom.
Re: defelice
I'm pretty sure if your family is from Rodi, we're related. I have no idea if any of my DiFelice family came or not. I'm pretty sure they did. I lose the thread from Italy around 1860. That is the latest dates I can find through the Family Search website.
My grandfather came over in 1906 with about 8 other people from Rodi. Based on what I can read of the manifest it looks like there was a Della Fave, Rovelli, Carnavale, another DiLella, a Carbone and a few others I can't make out.
My father was born in Hoboken in 1923 then the family moved to upstate NY. I do have some Carbone relatives that stayed in Hoboken and I remember stories from my dad that after the war he stayed with family in the NY/Hoboken area but I don't have names. It wasnt the Carbones, I do know that. It was distant relatives which very well could be Di Felice's or Carnavales.
Sorry I cant be more help...
Sorry, I wish I knew more.
My grandfather came over in 1906 with about 8 other people from Rodi. Based on what I can read of the manifest it looks like there was a Della Fave, Rovelli, Carnavale, another DiLella, a Carbone and a few others I can't make out.
My father was born in Hoboken in 1923 then the family moved to upstate NY. I do have some Carbone relatives that stayed in Hoboken and I remember stories from my dad that after the war he stayed with family in the NY/Hoboken area but I don't have names. It wasnt the Carbones, I do know that. It was distant relatives which very well could be Di Felice's or Carnavales.
Sorry I cant be more help...
Sorry, I wish I knew more.
Re: defelice
thank you for all of your help. whats really missing is what port did thomas (or) tommaso arrive at in 1906 and on what ship??. i've tried every port on the eastern seaboard and came up dry. can anyone please help me???thanks, tom.
-
Darlene Dioguardi
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 27 May 2014, 02:43
Re: defelice
Hello,
My grandmother was Claire Defelice LaPia born 1904 passed 1987, her sister was Mary Defelice Carbone? Children Marshall and Thomas Carbone? West Haven Ct? I think they had brothers Joe and John? I also remember a Rita Vasallo, who I think was John Defelice's daughter? I know Gram Claire spent time with her brothers at St. Anthony's (Highland Heights orphanage) New Haven CT. I also think they had a sister Dolly? West Haven CT? My mother was Sylvia Defelice LaPia Bracnaro.
Bridgeport Ct, New haven, West Haven, East Haven & Derby CT seem to be the key locations.
My Mother Sylvia LaPia had 2 brothers Robert, and William LaPia.
William LaPia married Anne Biaggio and lived in East Haven. They had 4 kids my first cousins
Paul, Jimmy ( twins) Clair (Claire's Corner Coppia New Haven CT) and Billy Boy now. In Vancouver.
If any of these contacts look familiar, I would love to hear from you!
Respectfully
Darlene Dioguardi (New Haven County CT).
My grandmother was Claire Defelice LaPia born 1904 passed 1987, her sister was Mary Defelice Carbone? Children Marshall and Thomas Carbone? West Haven Ct? I think they had brothers Joe and John? I also remember a Rita Vasallo, who I think was John Defelice's daughter? I know Gram Claire spent time with her brothers at St. Anthony's (Highland Heights orphanage) New Haven CT. I also think they had a sister Dolly? West Haven CT? My mother was Sylvia Defelice LaPia Bracnaro.
Bridgeport Ct, New haven, West Haven, East Haven & Derby CT seem to be the key locations.
My Mother Sylvia LaPia had 2 brothers Robert, and William LaPia.
William LaPia married Anne Biaggio and lived in East Haven. They had 4 kids my first cousins
Paul, Jimmy ( twins) Clair (Claire's Corner Coppia New Haven CT) and Billy Boy now. In Vancouver.
If any of these contacts look familiar, I would love to hear from you!
Respectfully
Darlene Dioguardi (New Haven County CT).