I am trying to locate relatives in Marsala Sicily. My grandfather, Vincenzo Lentini, came to the US in 1904 leaving behind a brother Joseph, sister Vita and mother Francesca. We lost contact with them after my grandfather died in 1942.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to locate any surviving relatives? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you.
LENTINI family in Marsala, Sicily ???
- juanminbar
- Veteran

- Posts: 208
- Joined: 27 Dec 2003, 00:00
Re: LENTINI family in Marsala, Sicily ???
the italian phone dirctory list 67 ''lentini's''.
there are 5 vincenzo's and one vito.....a good chance you may be related.
if you are thinking about phoning remember there is a six hour difference....noon in new york....6 pm in rome. click onto the site below.
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... om=0&be=60
good luck, john
there are 5 vincenzo's and one vito.....a good chance you may be related.
if you are thinking about phoning remember there is a six hour difference....noon in new york....6 pm in rome. click onto the site below.
http://www.paginebianche.it/execute.cgi ... om=0&be=60
good luck, john
Re: LENTINI family in Marsala, Sicily ???
John,
Thanks for your reply. I have a lot of work to do.
Jim
Thanks for your reply. I have a lot of work to do.
Jim
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: LENTINI family in Marsala, Sicily ???
Dear Jim youmay be inclined to want to write to persons inMarsala whose first names are familiar to your family as well as LENTINI since first names tend to remain in families for generations.
You can send a form letter to a potential relative(s) by going to
www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm
Youcan also request documents like Birth, marriage or death records by using form letters often free of charge at
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
=Peter=
You can send a form letter to a potential relative(s) by going to
www.initaly.com/gene/mem/letter1.htm
Youcan also request documents like Birth, marriage or death records by using form letters often free of charge at
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html
=Peter=
~Peter~
Re: LENTINI family in Marsala, Sicily ???
Peter,
Thanks for your suggestion. I will start with the two given names that are still popular in our family.
Jim
Thanks for your suggestion. I will start with the two given names that are still popular in our family.
Jim
Trying to Trace My Italian Roots - Ressetta Reppia Italy
I am trying to locate relatives in Reppia, Italy.
My great grandmother Rosa Ressetta married my great grandfather Robert McFarlane in Reppia Italy in August 1883. Does anyone know the name of the church they married in as I am assuming there will only have been one at that time as it is a small mountain village from what I understand!
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to locate any surviving relatives? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you.
K8 (Glasgow Scotland)
My great grandmother Rosa Ressetta married my great grandfather Robert McFarlane in Reppia Italy in August 1883. Does anyone know the name of the church they married in as I am assuming there will only have been one at that time as it is a small mountain village from what I understand!
Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to locate any surviving relatives? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you.
K8 (Glasgow Scotland)

