Rescigno's in Avellino

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
jrescigno
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 04:31

Re: Rescigno's in Avellino

Post by jrescigno »

lilbees wrote:Dear JRescigno, can you tell me if you know the approx. birthdate of Marco or the names of his parents? Are you sure he is from Avellino?

I have a listing for a Marco Rescigno b. 1865.

lilbees
Hi -- Marco Rescigno's date of birth is either 1864 or 1865;
unfortunately, I don't know his parents' names. From my family
knowledge, it is said that he was from Morra Irpino which changed to Morra de Sanctis. Thanks for any info - appreciate it.
User avatar
jrescigno
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 04:31

Re: Rescigno's in Avellino

Post by jrescigno »

Hi lilbees:

I understand my Grandfather, Marco Rescigno, was from Morra Irpino, later named Morra de Sanctis....born either 1864 or 1865....
Any information you may have is certainly appreciated!
Thanks.
Joyce
User avatar
jrescigno
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 04:31

Re: Rescigno's in Avellino

Post by jrescigno »

jrescigno wrote:
lilbees wrote:Dear JRescigno, can you tell me if you know the approx. birthdate of Marco or the names of his parents? Are you sure he is from Avellino?

I have a listing for a Marco Rescigno b. 1865.

lilbees
Hi Lilbees:

I just found an envelope with some family history - unbelievable after all this time-

My Grandfather, Marco Rescigno, was born December 26, 1865 in Rocco Piomonte, Province of Salerno. He was the son of Alfonso and Costanza (Ciccarelli) Rescigno.

My Grandmother, Pasqualina (Covino) Rescigno was born February 25, 1879 in Morra Irpino, now Morra de Sanctis. She was the daughter of
Nicolo Covino and Rosa (Mignone) Covino.

My Grandparents were married in Morra Irpino; Marco came to the United States of America in 1898 and my Grandmother, Pasqualina, came to join him a few years later.

If you have any information you can share, that would be great.

Thanks.
Joyce
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Rescigno's in Avellino

Post by lilbees »

YOu found what I already have. I have a copy of the Liste di Leva for the province of Salerno. On it shows Marco and parents. The Liste di Leva is the military draft registration. He was born in Roccapiemonte, Salerno, Campagna. 25 Dec 1865 to Alfonso and Constanza Cicireli.

There are other male siblings on the Rescigno listing.

Giovanni b. 20 Dec 1869 Roccapiemonte
A strange listing = Giovanni b. 20 Dec 1868 Roccapiemonte, Morra Irpina (AV)

Both listed with the same parents. Could be he registered in Roccapiemonte and then moved to Morra Irpina and registered again.

You would need his birth record from Roccapiemonte to confirm his place of birth.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Rescigno's in Avellino

Post by lilbees »

The mailing address for the comune is:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Roccapiemonte
84086 ROCCAPIEMONTE SA
ITALY

They tend to be rather slow in responding. They have confirmed to me they hold the records from 1866 to present.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
User avatar
jrescigno
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 04:31

Re: Rescigno's in Avellino

Post by jrescigno »

[quote="lilbees"]The mailing address for the comune is:

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Roccapiemonte
84086 ROCCAPIEMONTE SA
ITALY

They tend to be rather slow in responding. They have confirmed to me they hold the records from 1866 to present.

Hi Lilbees:
Thanks for much for the information. I really appreciate it. I will send for the documents. Do you know how much they charge for each certificate so I will send the proper amount?

Also, do you know if any railroad or bus goes from Naples to Morra de Sanctis? or is a car necessary? Again, thanks for your interest in my family.

Have a wonderful day!!!

Joyce
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Rescigno's in Avellino

Post by lilbees »

Hi, I have not had to pay for documents from the comune. If you send to the Archives for a copy they usually charge about 6 euro which covers postage and copying costs.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
User avatar
jrescigno
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 04:31

Re: Rescigno's in Avellino

Post by jrescigno »

lilbees wrote:Hi, I have not had to pay for documents from the comune. If you send to the Archives for a copy they usually charge about 6 euro which covers postage and copying costs.

lilbees
Thanks once again
User avatar
jrescigno
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: 03 Mar 2010, 04:31

Re: Rescigno's in Avellino

Post by jrescigno »

any good suggestions on best way to go from Naples to Morra de Sanctis?
I don't see any train lines going into Morra de Sanctis - THANK SO MUCH!!
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Rescigno's in Avellino

Post by lilbees »

Good morning! I have no idea. Maybe someone here on the forum might know. I have never been there.

lilbees
Researching: RESCIGNO, CATALANO, LA MAGRA, ANGRISANO, CALABRESE, PAGANO, GAGLIO, DE ANGELIS,COSTABILE Campania-Napoli/Salerno/Palermo, Italy and Tunisia Africa
Post Reply