Just a side note:
I had a similar but opposite experience with the given name Vincent and James. For one of my family members, on the 1920 census he was one of the children and he was named James. On the 1930 census this same child became Vincent. It took me a while to figure out and prove this was the same child.
Jim
Liguori form San Demetrio Corone
Re: Liguori form San Demetrio Corone
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Re: Liguori form San Demetrio Corone
This may be manifest for Frank (Francesco). Arriving NY 1903, age 19, from San Demetrio, going to Philadelphia to brother Demetrio Liguori. There are several young men traveling from San Demetrio.
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4020 ... 903man.jpg
T.
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4020 ... 903man.jpg
T.
Re: Liguori form San Demetrio Corone
I am beginning to wonder if Grandpa flew under the radar. He applied for a passport in 1929, but I can't access that. Looks like he was naturlaized in 1915 but cannot find a record of that. Any thoughts on finding the the naturilization application? Those forms have a lot of info on them. He would have loved in either Groton CT or Long Beacfh NY at the time. I see no records for Ct as far as apps, nor do I see New York apps outisde of NYC.
Re: Liguori form San Demetrio Corone
I've been checking for James' (Giacomo) Naturalization papers and for the passport without success.
This is a manifest for Demetrio Liguori from San Demetrio. Not sure if any clues here.
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/466/ ... 02mani.jpg
T.
This is a manifest for Demetrio Liguori from San Demetrio. Not sure if any clues here.
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/466/ ... 02mani.jpg
T.
- masterchef
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 06 Jul 2010, 02:18
Re: Liguori form San Demetrio Corone
I just saw your message about Liguori from San Demetrio Corone. You mentioned my grandfather, Nicola, who did migrate to Poughkeepsie and is brothers, Jim, to Long Island, Frank, to Brooklyn and Antonio to Argentina. Would be great to talk about them
Re: Liguori form San Demetrio Corone
An update: Masterchef, the grandson of my grandfather's brother Nicola, has gone gangbusters and found and made contact with descendants of the 3 sisters and 1 brother that remained in San Demetrio. We are in the very ealry stages of planning a family reunion. Thanks for all your help.
Re: Liguori form San Demetrio Corone
CONGRATS! 
Jim
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
Researching surnames Ianniello, Tamburrino, Mattora/Martora/Mattori & Scialla in Santa Maria Capua Vetere, Caserta, Campania.
