I am looking for information on my Great Aunt, Marianna Russo Guglielmetti. She was married to Vincenzo Guglielmetti and they lived in Guardia Piemontese. Vincenzo arrived in Ellis Island on the SS Sonnio on May 14, 1909. But I am having difficulty finding Mariana's arrival.
I did find a Marianna Guglielmetti arriving on 5-11-1914 on the Palermo, with a daughter named Maria, but I'm not sure if this is her. The ages could be correct. But it's hard to read the relatives in Italy. Mariana's parents were named Antonio Russo & Teresa Basile.
Also, is anyone able to get me a copy of the ship manifest for Vicenzo? On the Ellis Island web site I am only able to get an exe file.
Vincenzo Guglielmetti & Mariana Russo
Re: Vincenzo Guglielmetti & Mariana Russo
From Ancestry.com a 1937 arrival manifest for Marianna Russo Guglielmetti and her daughter Maria Guglielmetti Spaccarotella stating it was their first arrival in the U.S.:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Marjanna Guglielmetti
Name: Marjanna Guglielmetti
Arrival Date: 2 Dec 1937
Birth Year: abt 1884
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: Guardia Piemontese
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian;Italian (South) (Italian)
Place of Origin: Italy
Friend's Name: Vincenzo Guglielmetti
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States
Ship Name: Rex
Search Ship Database: Search the Rex in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
page 1:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsIvQk0
page 2:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsIvVji
Laura
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Marjanna Guglielmetti
Name: Marjanna Guglielmetti
Arrival Date: 2 Dec 1937
Birth Year: abt 1884
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: Guardia Piemontese
Age: 53
Gender: Female
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian;Italian (South) (Italian)
Place of Origin: Italy
Friend's Name: Vincenzo Guglielmetti
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Port Arrival State: New York
Port Arrival Country: United States
Ship Name: Rex
Search Ship Database: Search the Rex in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
page 1:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsIvQk0
page 2:
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsIvVji
Laura
Re: Vincenzo Guglielmetti & Mariana Russo
Pink:
That is definitely them. Mariana had a sister named Maddelena. Maria married Luigi Spaccarotelli. But I don't think this was their first time here. Could the information regarding their first time here be incorrect? I believe that Maria married Luigi in the US.
Thank you for the information.
That is definitely them. Mariana had a sister named Maddelena. Maria married Luigi Spaccarotelli. But I don't think this was their first time here. Could the information regarding their first time here be incorrect? I believe that Maria married Luigi in the US.
Thank you for the information.
-
BrunoMendes
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 18 Mar 2018, 22:06
Re: Vincenzo Guglielmetti & Mariana Russo
Hi, there!
Marinna Russo and Vincenzo Guglielmetti were my great great grandfathers.
And im looking for informations about my great grandfather, their son Carmelo Guglielmetti, brother of Maria Guglielmetti.
Someone have any information of him?!
Thank you.
Marinna Russo and Vincenzo Guglielmetti were my great great grandfathers.
And im looking for informations about my great grandfather, their son Carmelo Guglielmetti, brother of Maria Guglielmetti.
Someone have any information of him?!
Thank you.
