I am just beginning to research my family history.
Both of my parents were born in the same region (Lucca) of Italy. My two grandmothers were born in the US, but migrated back to Italy when they were children. I am interested in searching records of when my great-grandfathers came to this country initially, then later when my parents came to this country. All this, I think I can figure out from American records.
Any ideas on how to research Italian records for family ancestry and records? I did check out the Italian Embassy website, and they had some helpful hints, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck researching records from Italy.
Thanks!
Paula
Getting Started - Family Tree in Lucca
- pscardiglia
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Washington, DC
- Contact:
Re: Getting Started - Family Tree in Lucca
Paula in Italy all records are in the town of oriign which you conevniently left out so the next best thing to tell you is to go to the family history library and ask them if the town they orinally came from the inthe province of Lucca has micorfilm of the civil records for that unamed town. Peter
- pscardiglia
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: Washington, DC
- Contact:
Re: Getting Started - Family Tree in Lucca
Peter - thank you. My father was born in the city of Lucca, and my mother was born in Pracando. I think I have just found some information on how to contact local offices to obtain information (at least for Lucca).
Thanks for your help.
Paula
Thanks for your help.
Paula
Re: Getting Started - Family Tree in Lucca
Yes i know that pracando hasno micorfilm record but you might try sending them an e-mail and asking them if civil records are avilable and, if not, are they at Provincial level in Lucca? Peter
Re: Getting Started - Family Tree in Lucca
also see if they have civil registration for Toscana region and Lucca Province. peter
