Carmilla/Carmellaa Gagliardi ( the don't get the name straight, I have seen it Gagliardo and Gagliarde and my grandfather spelled it Gargliardo.. )
abt birth 1870 in Italy
Anthony Gagliardo 1899 - Italy
Louis J. 1902 - Italy ( he was dressed in a dress on ship and ellis island had him listed as Louise and would not let him off, he was a child. however I can't find him on Ellis Island Records)
thanks again Tessa! and thank you so much for the images!
Ariano di Puglia (Puglio?)
- NoSmallStir
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 17 Jun 2010, 13:40
- Contact:
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Ariano di Puglia (Puglio?)
I have a filomena gagliardo from Ariano di Puglia born 1895 arriving age 21 at NYC. =Peter=
~Peter~
- NoSmallStir
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 17 Jun 2010, 13:40
- Contact:
Re: Ariano di Puglia (Puglio?)
Peter, do you see any other facts that make it appear as if it is connected to the Gagliardo family that settled in Mount Vernon? I don't recall any filomena's mentioned in our family. (but then no one mentioned anyone! lol)
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Ariano di Puglia (Puglio?)
She came with Egidio Gagliardo, same ship same date 1916 at NYC. I will try to find manifest to see where both were going. =Peter=
~Peter~
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Ariano di Puglia (Puglio?)
If you go to www.castlegarden.org and just put in gagliardo there are several from ARIANO going to Boston and downtown NYC. =Peter=
~Peter~
- NoSmallStir
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 17 Jun 2010, 13:40
- Contact:
Re: Ariano di Puglia (Puglio?)
Thank you!!! 